Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Koala High Relief Proof NGC PF70UC
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
One of Australia's Cuddliest Creatures in Spectacular High Relief!
We'll be honest – if there wasn't already strong competition coming from the kangaroo, we’d pronounce the koala the most adorable marsupial in Australia. When you see one on a page, on a screen or in person, there's no way you can't crack a smile! That's why we love it when the Perth Mint introduces their annual Australian Koala Silver Proof design – and 2018’s entry definitely makes the list of our all-time favorites!
First introduced in 2012, the One-Ounce Silver Koala High Relief Proof has become a collector favorite for providing new, one-year-only designs. Each year the cuddly critter appears anew, adding a little extra piece of the Australian outback to your collection.
Minted in Proof condition, the $1 legal-tender coin features frosty designs and shimmering mirror-like fields. Pushing that contrast to the limit is the high relief strike, creating a concave, bowl-like field that allows the frosty designs to sit even higher than normal off of the coin’s surface. You 2018 One-Ounce Silver Koala High Relief Proof is so sharp that it has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
Just 10,000 of these coins were struck for 2018, with only 9,000 available individually. The 2019 release will feature a completely different koala design paired with the traditional effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Don’t let this one climb away – secure yours now!
- REACHING FOR A SNACK – Designed by Natasha Muhl, 2018’s one-year-only design for the Australian Koala finds our furry friend clutching a eucalyptus tree branch. With one clawed foot free, this koala is about to grab a bunch of gum leaves for lunch! Intricate details in both the foreground and background provide a perfect setting for this gorgeous mammal.
- PROOF MINTED IN HIGH RELIEF – The Perth Mint is known around the world as one of the leaders in high-relief proof production. Beginning as a hand-selected, one-ounce planchet of 99.9% pure silver, each coin is struck multiple times by polished dies to produce a design with incredible depth and frosted features over a mirror-like surface inside of a deep, concave field.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each Silver Koala High Relief Proof is one dollar Australian legal tender, a fact reflected on the coin's obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. To find the proof's year, weight and purity, it's all right under the koala's feet on the reverse!
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 One-Ounce Silver Koala High Relief Proof will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE! – Out of the limited mintage of 10,000 proofs, only 9,000 will come in this colorful limited-edition packaging!
Just like its mates at the Perth Mint – the Kangaroo, Kookaburra and the Wedge-Tailed Eagle – Koalas are a perennial hit with collectors. Add in this proof's stunning high-relief design and you have a coin that's sure to quickly climb out of our vaults. Don't rest on this one – order your 2018 One-Ounce Silver Koala High Relief Proof today before someone else snatches it away!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|