Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Dragon Bar NGC MS70 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $109.00 $105.78
A Chinese Icon from the Leading Australian Mint
Holding a preeminent place in Chinese culture, the dragon looms large over such things as terrain, life, and energy. Some believe that he brings the waters of rain, the warmth of sunshine, water, and earth. Even the Chinese emperors referred to themselves as “dragons.” Now, the Perth Mint has introduced its first ever rectangular bullion coin, fittingly called the 2018 Australia Silver Dragon Bar.
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, each bar is $1 legal tender in Australia and features an impressively design dragon image that pays tribute to the famous beast of Chinese folklore. How can you tell it’s a Chinese Dragon? Simple. It’s got five toes on each foot!
Your 2018 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar has also been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your flawless coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified that your Silver Dragon Bar is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release.
Chinese-themed coins are among the most popular targets of countless collectors around the world. From ancient symbols to lunar animals, the coins make for convenient and affordable collections and bring with them ancient lore and tradition. It is fitting, then, that the Perth Mint decided to make its first ever rectangular coin a Chinese dragon. Click one of these 2018 One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bars to your cart today to share in this Perth Mint first!
- THE FIRST EVER DRAGON BAR – This 2018 Australian Silver Dragon Bar is the first legal tender bar from the Perth Mint.
- HONORING A KEY CREATURE FROM CHINESE CULTURE – The dragon is an extremely important figure in Chinese culture, not only appearing in multiple forms of symbolism but also appearing frequently in ceremonies and celebrations.
- FOUR NINE FINE SILVER – Each Dragon Bar was struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver at the Perth Mint, the favorite mint of countless collectors worldwide. The mint’s “P” mint mark, which has become a symbol of quality, is on the right side of the reverse.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Every 2018 Australia Silver Dragon Bar is $1 legal tender in Australia, as noted at the bottom of the obverse under Ian Rank-Broadley’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS – Your coin will be certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- FIRST RELEASES – Your Silver Dragon Bar has been certified as a First Releases (FR) coin NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
This 2018 Australia One-Ounce Silver Dragon Bar – the first ever rectangular coin from the highly acclaimed Perth Mint – has earned NGC’s highest grade as well as First Releases certification. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|
|Dimensions||47.6 x 27.6mm|