Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Emu "Mirrored Tree Trunk Variety" NGC MS69 First Day of Issue - Opera House Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
Australia’s Second-Year Silver Emu Coins Offer Up a Little Variety
When Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint added the Emu to its annual stable of silver bullion issues that was already home to the Kookaburra and Koala series it was met with almost instant success. Collectors were so enthused by the release that the entire mintage quickly sold out. Perhaps it should have been expected – while the Kookaburra and Koala are extremely popular among collectors, there is one thing that the Emu has over those two series: scarcity. Mintages typically run into the hundreds of thousands for the Koala and Kookaburra coins. By contrast, the first-year Silver Australian Emu coins had a mintage of just 30,000, a tiny fraction compared to the other series.
Now the second-year 2019 Silver Emu coins have arrived, and the mintage is unchanged: It’s once again set at 30,000, meaning collectors who want one may soon find themselves struggling to get one – especially since it's been announced as being completely sold out at the mint!
But what really makes THIS coin so special is a unique “Variety” that was never intended to be part of the design. On the right side of the emu design there is a tree that is rendered in matte relief – or at least is was supposed to be matte. If you closely at the legs of the emu on the right, you’ll see what appears to be a third leg. It’s actually the trunk of the tree in the background and due to an unintentional mint gaffe, it’s been given a mirror-like finish! No one knows how many Emu coins were released with this particular variety, but they are already ruffling feathers in the coin community where collectors are scrambling to get one of these unique coins!
The unique variety aside, this coin another winner in the Perth Mint’s long line of popular silver coins. Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure silver, it comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in nearly flawless Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
In addition, NGC has graded your Silver Emu to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
Don’t be among those collectors who miss out on this immensely popular silver issue. Order your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu Variety Coin from GovMint.com today!
- THE LATEST EMU SILVER COIN – This 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu marks the second year in the Perth Mint’s annual release of silver coins with the iconic bird’s image. This year’s design is the work of Natasha Muhl and depicts a pair of emus in an Outback landscape.
- UNINTENDED “VARIETY” FEATURE – This One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu Coin features a unique Variety where a portion of the tree trunk in the background has a mirror-like finish instead of the intended matte finish.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Silver Australian Emu was struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint. The Perth Mint is among the world’s most renowned mints, and its silver, gold and platinum bullion and collectible coins are prized by collectors throughout the world.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – This coin is $1 legal tender in Australia, as noted along the rim of the obverse under the Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 One-Ounce Silver Australian Emu will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in nearly flawless Mint State-69 (MS69) condition. It will come sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Silver Emu to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Perth Mint has set the maximum worldwide release for this coin at only 30,000 – meaning that these coins will soon prove elusive for many collectors – especially these Variety coins, of which no one is sure how many were released before the Perth Mint noticed the discrepancy.
The Emu is noted for its seemingly erratic way of running in all directions. Thankfully you don’t have to race back and forth to secure one of these coins because we’ve already sourced them for you. Add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|