Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Beijing Coin Show Kangaroo w/Panda Privy Mark
Australian Kangaroos Spotted on Mainland China!
The long-legged, big-footed kangaroo is one of the most recognizable animals in the world – and perhaps the most famous critter ever to call Australia home. But now, thanks to the Royal Australian Mint, it’s added China’s capital city to its list of habitats thanks to its appearance at the Beijing Coin Show that was held November 15-17, 2019.
Actually, there were 5,000 kangaroos in attendance at China’s National Convention Center in Beijing – all in the form of spectacular silver coins struck by the world-renowned Royal Australian Mint exclusively for the show. Each coin was minted in one full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and features Stuart Devlin’s famous “Mob of Roos” design that depicts five of the adorable marsupials hopping around the face of the coin. What makes this coin extra special – and instantly distinguishes it as having been released at the 2019 Beijing Show– is the addition of a unique privy mark that can be seen just below the largest of the five kangaroos.
The special privy mark is a tiny rendition of a Panda Bear, a symbol of friendship and peace in China as well as being the star of the nation’s immensely popular Panda coin series that debuted in 1982. Pandas are often compared to the balance of yin and yang due to their black and white fur, and in recent years, the Panda has replaced the dragon as an emblem of China. The Chinese government is working to preserve these endangered animals that are native to the country’s central mountain ranges where only a few thousand live in the wild.
Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Beijing Show Kangaroo will come in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint. It will also come in a protective capsule from the mint to protect its exquisite designs. And, with a maximum worldwide mintage of just 5,000 coins, you can bet these special 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Beijing Show Kangaroos will not last for long. Pocket one for your collection today!
- SPECIAL SHOW RELEASE FOR AUSTRALIA’S KANGAROO – This Silver Kangaroo was specially struck exclusively for the 2019 Beijing Coin Show. It features a mob of kangaroos on the reverse with a special Panda Bear privy mark. The coin’s obverse features the elegant effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Silver Beijing Show Kangaroo was struck by the Royal Australian Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Beijing Show Kangaroos are $1 legal tender in Australia and measure 40 mm in diameter.
- GLEAMING BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Beijing Show Kangaroo will come in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
- LIMITED-EDITION SHOW RELEASE – The maximum mintage for the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Beijing Show Kangaroo was set at just 5,000.
Make sure one of these special privy-marked Beijing Show Kangaroos jump into your collection. Click one to your cart right now before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Australian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|