Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Year of the Pig NGC MS70 Early Releases w/Lunar Label
Here’s a Coin You’ll Go Absolutely Hog Wild Over!
The Chinese Year of the Pig officially started on February 5, 2019 – or the year 4716, according to China’s traditional calendar. People born during this lunar cycle are thought to be optimistic, gentle, diligent and exhibit lots of compassion and generosity. If that’s you or someone you know, consider this fabulous Year of the Pig Silver Coin from Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint.
The latest – and final – release in the Perth Mint’s Lunar Series 2, this legal-tender silver dollar is struck in full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% fine silver. Its delightful design shows a mother pig happily surveying her four piglets as they frolic amid clusters of stylized grasses. Below them an inscription reads “Year of the Pig” in stylized type while the Chinese symbol for “pig” floats serenely above the beaming mama pig.
Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Year of the Pig coin will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that it is an Early Releases (ER) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Lunar-themed label.
The Pig is the 12th sign of the Chinese Lunar calendar and occurs every 12 years, the most recent years being 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995 and 2007. Those born in a Year of the Pig include such celebrities as Nolan Ryan, Elton John, David Letterman, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Julia Andrews. If you collect lunar-themed coins, known someone born during the Year of the Pig or are a silver stacker looking to hog as much silver as you can, then this coin is for you!
- FINAL RELEASE IN AUSTRALIA’S SILVER LUNAR SERIES – The final release of the Perth Mint's twelve year Lunar Series 2 features a domesticated pig with four piglets on the reverse along with the Chinese symbol for “pig” The portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the obverse along with the date, denomination, issuing country and silver purity.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Silver Year of the Pig coin was struck by the Perth Mint in one ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Year of the Pig coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Year of the Pig coin will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY EARLY RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Silver Year of the Pig is an Early Releases (ER) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Lunar-themed label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION – The maximum worldwide mintage limit for this coin has been set at 300,000.
Complete your lunar collection with the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver Year of the Pig, the final coin in the Perth Mint’s 12-coin Lunar Series. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|