Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $100 1-oz Gold Super Pit Coin NGC MS70 w/Opera House Label
Own a Piece of Australia’s Epic “Super Pit” – One of Largest Gold Mines in the World
If you're willing to endure a 15-hour plane flight and then withstand blistering temperatures that routinely top 110 degrees most of the year, then you’re welcome to take a tour of Australia’s Fimiston Open Pit, one of the largest open-pit gold mines in the world – and one of only a few that are open to the general public. If you’re up to the challenge, your eyes will surely be dazzled by the massive canyon-size hole so large that it’s visible from space!
Known colloquially as the “Super Pit,” the Fimiston Open Pit represents several underground mines near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia that were consolidated into a single open pit mine in 1989. The Super Pit is located in an area that was once called “The Golden Mile,” so named for its copious amounts of gold that made it one of the richest square miles on Earth. Today, the pit is more than 2 miles long, nearly a mile wide and is almost 2,000 feet deep.
Now, on the 30th Anniversary of the Super Pit’s birth, Australia is releasing a coin befitting its awe-inspiring namesake. The 2019 Super Pit coin was struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold sourced directly from the Super Pit mine. The design on this sumptuous $100 legal-tender coin artfully depicts the monumental gold mine set against a backdrop of a blazing Australian sun – just as it would look if you were able to make the trip to the remote area in Western Australia.
Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Gold Super Pit Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, these coins feature a security feature that can be found on the reverse in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter that is detectable only under a magnifying glass. You coin will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
Just 15,000 of these incredible gold coins will be struck for worldwide release – an almost insignificant number when you factor in all the collectors, historians and gold buyers who would like to get their hands on this gold bullion coin. Avoid the crowds – and the 15-hour plane flight – and click one to your cart right now!
- 30th ANNIVERSARY OF THE SUPER PIT – This gold coin pays tribute to Western Australia’s famous Fimiston Open Pit, known colloquially as the “Super Pit.” It features an image of the massive gold mine on the reverse while the coin’s obverse shows a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each 2019 Australia Super Pit Coin was struck by the Royal Australian Mint in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia One-Ounce Gold Super Pit Coins are $100 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Gold Super Pit Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- SPECIAL SECURITY FEATURE – These coins feature a security feature that can be found on the reverse in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter that is detectable only under a magnifying glass.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this release has been set at 15,000.
Own a piece of one of the world’s largest open-pit gold mines with this spectacular limited-edition 2019 Australia One-Ounce Gold Super Pit Coin. Reserve yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Australian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|