Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $2 2-oz Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Piedfort Proof NGC PF70UC w/Mercanti Signature
Mercanti-Perth Mint Partnership Returns for the 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Silver Proof
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti's skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint’s exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2019 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to have particular appeal to collectors. For this year’s design, Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint, has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. Struck in fantastic high relief in two full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% silver, this double-thick piedfort coin features a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey – a design that could have originated only through the brilliant talents of John Mercanti!
Your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by John M. Mercanti! A giant in the numismatic world, Mercanti has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history.
With a mintage of only 2,500, you will need act fast to capture your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Proof. Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- MAGNIFICENT ONE YEAR ONLY DESIGN – 2019 marks just the second year in the six-year-old series to feature a one-year-only design. For this year’s edition, former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. A regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle coin was struck as a double-thick Piedfort coin in stunning high relief from two ounces of highly-pure 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a “P” mint mark on the left side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is two dollars legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition!
- SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by the legendary John M. Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this series has become a favorite among collectors, this mintage will consist of just 2,500 two-ounce silver piedfort proofs.
The release of Australia’s 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Proof is a major numismatic event, one that collectors, silver stackers and fans of John Mercanti’s work will all be vying to secure. Don’t miss your chance to acquire this fabulous coin. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|