Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Kookaburra NGC MS69 First Releases w/Opera House Label
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
Australia’s 2020 Silver Kookaburra Celebrates 30 Years!
With its high silver content, razor-sharp strikes and delightful one-year-only designs, Australia’s Silver Kookaburra coin is an incredibly popular annual series. Little did the officials at the Peth Mint know that when they released their first coin in 1990 that the little bird from “Down Under” would become a global phenomenon. And now, in 2020, the Kookaburra returns with a special 30th Anniversary design.
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, this year’s new, one-year-only design depicts a laughing Kookaburra sitting atop a roof greeting the sun with its distinctive cackle – a sound that has the earned it the nickname “bushman’s clock” because of its early dawn and dusk cackling chorus. A ring around the design is engraved with the words AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA at the top and 30TH ANNIVERSARY at the bottom.
The coin’s obverse features artist Stuart Devlin’s design of a Kookaburra perched on a tree stump as it appeared on the first-ever 1990 Kookaburra release. Jody Clark’s effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has been reduced and appears at the top of the coin within its own ring, the 1990 and 2020 dates are located on either side of the portrait.
The incredible designs are a magnificent testament to the craftsmanship and expertise of the artisans at Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint. In fact, each 2020 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
In addition, NGC has certified that your One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
This year’s milestone 30th Anniversary Kookaburra will be a friendly sight in your collection. This latest coin in the immensely popular Silver Kookaburra series has a limited mintage of only 500,000 coins, creating a great collectible opportunity. Order yours today!
- NEW ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The 2020 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra features a new one-year-only design of the friendly bird perched on a roof with the sun in the background. The coin’s year date, weight and silver purity are also engraved. The coin’s obverse features a representation of the original 1990 Kookaburra design with a small portrait of Queen Elizabeth II at the top, the 1990 and 2020 dates rest on either side of the portrait.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Silver Kookaburra is struck in a full once of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER IN AUSTRALIA – These 2020 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra coins are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra is a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Sydney Opera House label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION – The Perth Mint set the maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2020 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra at just 500,000.
The 2020 Silver Kookaburras are here! Start or add to your collection today by clicking one – or several – to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|