Australia’s 2020 Wedge-Tailed Eagle is Ready to Dive Into Your Collection
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti's skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint's exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2020 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to have particular appeal to collectors. For this year’s design, Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint, has given us a close-up of Australia’s largest bird of prey as it prepares to dive for its next meal. Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver, it’s a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey – a design that could have originated only from the brilliant talents of John Mercanti!
Your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, each coin available in this offer has been certified by NGC as being a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
As a final added touch, these coins will come sonically sealed in acrylic holders and encapsulated with labels personally signed by John Mercanti! A giant in the numismatic world, Mercanti has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history.
With a sold-out mintage of just 50,000 one-ounce silver coins, you will need act fast to capture your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle. Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- NEW ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The 2020 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle’s new one-year-only design is the creation of former United States Chief Engraver John Mercanti and depicts a close-up of Australia’s largest bird of prey as it prepares to dive for its next meal. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER– Each 2020 Wedge-tailed Eagle coin was struck in an ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a “P” mint mark on the left side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2020 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is one dollar legal tender in Australia and measures 27.3 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin.
- SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by the legendary John M. Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this series has become a favorite among collectors, this mintage will consist of just 50,000 one-ounce silver coins, and it's been announced as being completey sold out at the mint.
The release of the 2020 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is a major numismatic event, one that collectors, silver stackers and fans of John Mercanti’s work will all be vying to secure. Don’t miss your chance to acquire this fabulous coin. Order yours now!