Mercanti-Perth Mint Partnership Returns for the 2021 Wedge-Tailed Eagle
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti's skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint’s exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
New One-Year-Only Design
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2021 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to appeal to collectors. For this year’s design, Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint, has given us a portrait of a magnificent Wedge-Tailed Eagle. Its sharp eyes are focused on its prey; a wriggling snake grasped tightly in the bird’s powerful talons. Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver, it’s a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey — a design that could have originated only from the brilliant talents of John Mercanti!
A Perfect Coin From the First Day of Production
Your 2021 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended What’s more, NGC has certified your Wedge Tail Eagle to be a First Day of Production (FDP) coin, meaning that it was struck on the first day that the mint began striking it. To qualify for First Day of Production, coins must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository accompanied by documentation from the mint that confirms that the coins were struck on the first day of that coin’s production.
Signed by a Coin Legend
To top it off, each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder was a label featuring the Australian flag that has been personally signed by John Mercanti! A giant in the numismatic world, Mercanti has produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history
With a mintage of only 50,000 coins, you will need act fast to capture your 2021 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle – especially since each previous year’s release has quickly sold at the mint! Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- MAGNIFICENT ONE YEAR ONLY DESIGN – 2021 marks the sixth design in series. For this year’s edition, former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti has given us a portrait of a wedge-tailed eagle as it attacks its prey, clutching a snake in its talon. A regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2021 Wedge-tailed Eagle coin was struck from one ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver at the Perth Mint, which is represented by a "P" mint mark on the left side of the reverse. The Perth Mint is revered by collectors throughout the world for the consistent, outstanding quality of its coins.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2021 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is one dollar legal tender in Australia and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition!
- KEY FIRST DAY OF PRODUCTION CETIFICATION – NGC has certified your Wedge Tail Eagle to be a First Day of Production (FDP) coin, meaning that it was struck on the first day that the mint began striking it.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY JOHN MERCANTI – Your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Australian flag label that has been personally signed by John Mercanti!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this series has become a favorite among collectors, this mintage will consist of just 50,000 pieces.
The release of the 2021 One-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is a major numismatic event, one that collectors, silver stackers and fans of John Mercanti’s work will all be vying to secure. Don’t miss your chance to acquire this fabulous coin. Order yours now!