Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
BIOT 2018 Sapphire Coronation 1-Ounce Silver Lion and Unicorn NGC PF70UC First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $129.00 $125.19
The Lion, the Unicorn and the Queen
Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth ascended to the throne as a young 27-year-old on June 2, 1953. It was a true-life fairy tale story. Her coronation was also the world’s first major international event to be broadcast on television with millions of people around the world tuning in to see for the first time a ceremony that had been held for every English monarch for 1,000 years.
To honor the 65th anniversary of this truly historic event, the government and treasury of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) have issued a new 2018 Sapphire Coronation Lion & Unicorn silver coin. The 65th Anniversary is associated with the gemstone sapphire, symbolic of loyalty – a fitting theme for Great Britain’s popular and beloved monarch.
Minted by the world-renowned Pobjoy Mint, this elegantly designed coin features a lion and unicorn. The image of these two animals together dates back to 1603 when James VI of Scotland became James I of England after he united Scotland and England into one kingdom. In the 400 years since, the lion and unicorn have become intimately associated with royalty and therefore Queen, Elizabeth II herself.
Just 2,000 proof coins were ever struck so order yours now before they’re all gone!
- SYMBOLIC DESIGNS COMMEMORATE 65 YEARS OF UNINTERUPTED RULE – The elegant designs of this coin feature an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II exclusive to Pobjoy Mint on the obverse. The coin’s reverse shows a lion and unicorn, symbolic of the United Kingdom and the Royals. The image depicts the lion seated behind a unicorn with an English Rose, a Scottish Thistle, a Welsh Daffodil and a Northern Irish Shamrock. The wording "1953 - H.M. Queen Elizabeth II - 2018" appears around the design.
- STUNNING CONDITION AS BEFITTING AN ANNIVERSARY OF THE MAGNITUDE – Your BIOT 2018 Sapphire Coronation Lion & Unicorn comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in flawless Proof 70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- MINTED ON BEHALF OF THE BRITISH INDION OCEAN TERRITORY BY THE POBJOY MINT – Located in the Indian Ocean halfway between Tanzania and Indonesia, The British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) became a British territory in 1965. It is comprised of seven atolls and more than 1,000 individual islands. It’s also one of only two British territories where automobiles drive on the right side of the road.
- LEGAL TENDER RELEASE STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – The 2018 Sapphire Coronation Lion & Unicorn is a legal-tender 2-pound proof coin struck in fine 92.49% silver.
- STRICT LIMITED EDITION MEANS FEW WILL EVER BE AVAILABLE – Just 2,000 of these 2-pound legal tender silver proofs will ever be available. With this milestone anniversary and subject matter, these coins are sure to be snapped up by eager collectors very quickly.
This coin will make a fantastic addition to any collection. Get your 2018 Sapphire Coronation Lion and Unicorn 2-Pound Silver coin in Proof State 70 condition today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Country||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|