Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 British Virgin Islands $1 8-gm Virenium® Lesser Flamingo Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $19.95 $19.36
A Flock of Lesser Flamingos Populate Pobjoy’s Final Flamingo Coin
What the Lesser Flamingo lacks in size, it makes up in in quantity. While it is the smallest flamingo in the world, the Lesser Flamingo is the most numerous with some flocks estimated at being as large as one million birds! Despite being the world’s smallest flamingo, it is still a tall bird by most standards and is famous for its red legs and long & very dark tricolored bill. To pay tribute to this beautiful creature, the British Pobjoy Mint is highlighting the Lesser Flamingo in blazing color on the sixth and final coin of its series that showcases flamingos from around the world.
Featuring a flock of birds congregated in a shallow pool of water, the birds are expertly depicted in deep shades of reddish pink to create an image that perfectly reflects the beauty of this vibrantly colored species. The bright, brilliant colors are even more dazzling set against the exquisite light gold, brassy color of the coin. The color comes from the metal used to strike the coin, Virenium®, a proprietary metal specially developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
Most Lesser Flamingos live in Africa south of the Sahara Desert. Unfortunately, their numbers have been declining and the species is listed as near-threatened due to the risk to their breeding sites. Only three breeding sites exist in Africa and they are particularly vulnerable to pollution and human disruption.
Released on behalf of the British Virgin Islands, this lovely coin comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Pobjoy is limiting the mintage to just 3,500 colorized proofs. Start or add to your collection today. Order one now!
- FINAL RELEASE IN FLAMINGO SERIES – These Lesser Flamingo coins are the sixth and final release in a series of coins that pay tribute to the elegant and exotic beauty of the world’s flamingo birds. The design features a flock of birds congregated in a shallow pool of water. To add to the coin’s beauty, the flamingos are depicted in deep, rich color. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN VIRENIUM – Each 2019 British Virgin Islands Lesser Flamingo Proof was struck in 8 grams of Virenium®, a metal developed by Pobjoy Mint that is light gold in color.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These Lesser Flamingo Virenium Proofs are $1 legal tender in the British Virgin Islands.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 British Virgin Islands Lesser Flamingo Virenium Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for this proof coin has been set at only 3,500.
Don’t miss your chance to secure this spectacular, limited-edition, legal-tender Lesser Flamingo coin from the prestigious Pobjoy Mint. Order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Country||British Virgin Islands|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||8 Grams - g|