Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Canada $250 1 Kilo Silver Canadian National Railway Centennial Ultra-High Relief Antiqued Coin
Ride the Rails with Canada’s Latest Concave Silver Kilo Coin
In 2018 when Canada released its first-ever kilo coin featuring a concave oval shape it was met with instantaneous success and the entire mintage quickly sold out. For 2019, the Royal Canadian Mint has returned with a new masterpiece – this time paying tribute to the 100th Anniversary of the Canadian National (CN) Railway, a huge sprawling system that serves both Canada and the Midwestern and Southern United States.
Struck in one kilogram of 99.99% fine silver, this $250 legal-tender coin beautifully captures the romance of railroads combined with Canada’s unspoiled wilderness. The reverse features an ultra-high relief, deeply concave design of a steam locomotive pulling a long line of cars across a bridge past a river and a through forest of trees while a panoramic line of mountains stretches across the horizon in the background.
The Canadian National Railway was created by Canada’s Parliament on June 6, 1919. Since then, the railroad has evolved into a world-class transportation leader and is the only transcontinental railway in North America. With 20,000 miles of track, CN spans Canada and Mid-America, connecting three coasts: the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Gulf of Mexico.
This coin was struck in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition and features a special antiqued finish. The satin-like coating expertly highlights the Ultra High Relief by darkening the edges of the low areas and fields while keeping the devices light and sharp. Experience a piece of the rich cultural heritage of Canada’s railroad history with this colossal coin. But hurry – only 400 of these 2019 Canada One-Kilo Silver National Railway Centennial Coins were struck, so get yours now before they all leave the station!
- UNIQUE CONCAVE OVAL COIN – The 2019 Canada Silver National Railway Centennial Coin is unique for its oval and concave shape. The coin features a panoramic view of a Canadian locomotive speeding along through the Canadian wilderness, the high relief detail, intricate detail and large shape – 161.8 mm across – is a jaw-dropping example of the Royal Canadian Mint’s technical prowess!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – The 2019 Canada Silver National Railway Centennial Coin is struck in a full kilogram – more than 2.2 pounds – of highly-pure 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Canada One-Kilo Silver National Railway Centennial Coin is $250 legal tender in Canada.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF ANTIQUED FINISH – Not only does your Canada Silver National Railway Centennial Coin feature an oval and concave shape, but it also boasts a detailed Ultra High Relief (UHR) design. The coin was also struck in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) quality with a professional satin-like antiqued finish for a stunning overall appearance.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this 2019 Canada One-Kilo Silver Canadian National Railway Centennial Coin at only 400.
With such a small mintage you’ll need to act fast if you want to be able to engineer one of these railroad-themed coins into your collection. Don’t get derailed – click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||Concave, Ultra-High Relief|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||1010 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Kilo - kg|
|Dimensions||162 x 100 mm|