Stunning Silver from the Royal Canadian Mint!
The distinctive image of a maple leaf has been Canada’s identifying image since the 1700s. Standing front and center on the Canadian flag since 1965, it signifies pride, connection and community. The maple leaf is also the namesake of the country's signature silver bullion coin. Since its introduction in 1988, the Silver Maple Leaf has become one of the world’s most iconic and instantly recognizable coins. The acute attention to detail on these coins is simply unparalleled! Now you can start or add to your collection of Maple Leaf coins by bringing home the 2020 installment of this beloved series!
Struck at the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint in a troy ounce of highly pure 99.99% fine silver, the Silver Maple Leaf earns its name from the incredibly detailed maple leaf that graces its reverse. In addition to the maple leaf, the word “CANADA” arches over the image, while the coin’s purity, “9999,” is inscribed on both sides of the leaf. An inscription along the bottom half of the rim reads, “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR.” A background finish of radial line serves to thwart any would-be counterfeiters, as does a micro-engraved mint mark -- a small leaf, engraved with the number “19” – that provides further security. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the “5 DOLLARS” legal-tender denomination and the 2020 year date.
Each 2020 Canada One-Ounce Silver Maple Leaf in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, each has received an application of the MintShield™ – the first and only proven solution for reducing unsightly white or “milk” spots on silver bullion coins and a proprietary advancement developed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
What’s more, NGC has certified that these Silver Maple Leafs are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Day of Issue is only a fraction of the total mintage. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
Whether you’re an avid Silver Maple Leaf collector, a dedicated silver stacker, or someone who just loves collecting anything Canadian, this deal is for you! Add one – or several – of these beauties to your cart today!
- SINGULAR, ICONIC DESIGN – Celebrating its 32nd anniversary, the 2020 Silver Maple Leaf’s primary design is still as lifelike as ever. One leaf, exhibiting superior texture and detail, is surrounded by a vivid burst of radial lines.
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number “20.” Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters – and give you full assurance that you hold a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity silver coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK – The artisans of the Royal Canadian Mint are known around the world for their craft. Beginning as a one-ounce planchet of 99.99% fine silver, each coin is struck to create bullion of exceptional quality.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2020 One-Ounce Silver Maple Leaf is five dollars Canada legal tender, confirmed on the coin's obverse along with Susanna Blunt's portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 One-Ounce Silver Maple leaf has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your Silver Maple Leaf is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
As you can expect, collectors clamor over each new annual release of Maple Leafs. Don’t wait to get yours – order your Silver Maple Leaf today!