First-Ever Silver Maple Leaf with “W” Mint Mark!
First issued in 1979, the Canadian Maple Leaf Bullion series has become one of the most collected bullion coin series in the world. Renowned for the extremely high purity, legal-tender value and hi-tech security features of its coins, the series continues to entice collectors and bullion buyers alike into adding Maple Leafs to their collections.
But in 2020, something big is happening.
Since the series’ inception, the Canadian Maple Leaf has been struck at the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) facility in Ottawa. But in 2019, for the first time ever, One-Ounce Silver Maple Leafs are being struck at the RCM facility in Winnipeg. Though struck in 2019, each coin bears a 2020 date and includes the all-important “W” mint mark.
Mint marks have been around nearly as long as coins have been around – and collectors love them. Why? Because different mints don’t typically strike the same number of a specific coin in a given year. Using that little mark, we can determine exactly how rare a coin is compared to its total mintage.
In addition to the first-ever “W” mint mark on a Canadian One-Ounce Silver Maple Leaf, these Winnipeg Maples also feature a burnished finish. To achieve this satin-like appearance, each planchet is carefully burnished ahead of striking and given a stronger strike than those used for standard bullion coins. The result is a sharper design, along with an attractive, smooth finish.
These Winnipeg Mint Mark Silver Burnished Maples are not intended for widespread circulation, and quantities are highly limited. While millions of standard Silver Maple Leafs are struck each year, the mintage for the One-Ounce Silver Burnished Maple Leaf will be only a few thousand. That’s a far cry from the coin’s counterpart in the United States, where hundreds of thousands of Burnished American Silver Eagles are struck.
Minted in a troy ounce of highly pure 99.99% fine silver, the Silver Maple Leaf earns its name from the incredibly detailed maple leaf that graces its reverse. In addition to the maple leaf, the word “CANADA” arches over the image, while the coin’s purity, “9999,” is inscribed on both sides of the leaf. An inscription along the bottom half of the rim reads, “FINE SILVER 1 OZ OR PUR.” A background finish of radial line serves to thwart any would-be counterfeiters, as does a micro-engraved mint mark – a small leaf, engraved with the number “20” – that provides further security. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the “5 DOLLARS” legal-tender denomination and the 2020 year date.
Only 10,000 of these One-Ounce Silver Burnished Maple Leads were authorized for striking in Winnipeg and each one available in this offer comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition. That distinction means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
In addition, NGC has certified these Silver Maple Leafs to be First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and exclusive Canada-themed label.
Whether you’re an avid Silver Maple Leaf collector, an avid silver stacker, or someone who just loves collecting anything Canadian, this deal is for you! Add one of these first-ever “W” mint marked One-Ounce Silver Maple Leafs to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER “W” MINT MARK MAPLE LEAF – Since the series’ inception, the Canadian Maple Leaf has been struck at the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) facility in Ottawa. In 2019, for the first time ever, One-Ounce Silver Maple Leafs were struck at the RCM facility in Winnipeg! To commemorate the occasion, the mint struck these 2020-dated coins with a “W” mint mark and satin-like Burnished finish.
- SINGULAR, ICONIC DESIGN – The 2020 Silver Maple Leaf’s primary design is still as lifelike as ever. One leaf, exhibiting superior texture and detail, is surrounded by a vivid burst of radial lines.
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number “20.” Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters – and give you full assurance that you hold a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity silver coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK – The artisans of the Royal Canadian Mint are known around the world for their craft. Beginning as a one-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure silver, each coin is struck to create bullion of exceptional quality.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2020 One-Ounce Silver Maple Leaf is 5 dollars Canada legal tender, confirmed on the coin’s obverse along with Susanna Blunt’s portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Silver Maple Leaf to be a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and exclusive Canada-themed label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – Only 10,000 One-Ounce Silver Burnished Maple leaves were authorized for striking at the Royal Canadian Mint’s facility in Winnipeg.
For more than four decades, collectors have clamored over each new annual release of Maple Leafs. 2020’s silver class is already looking to command just as strong of demand with this first-ever Winnipeg Maple Leaf. Don’t wait to get yours; order one for your collection today!