Canada’s Peace Dollar Returns for an Epic Second Year
In 2021, the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint released its first-ever Peace Dollar — and it sold out in less than five days! Now, for 2021 — the 100th anniversary of the famous United States Peace Dollar — Canada’s own Peace Dollar returns, struck for the very first time in Ultra High Relief Reverse Proof condition!
Peace Reigns Supreme On Susan Taylor Design
Crafted by retired Royal Canadian Mint Senior Engraver Susan Taylor – winner of the 2016 American Medal of the Year Award and the designer of the International Art Medal Federation 2018 Congress Medal — the design for this superb coin features the allegorical “Peace” as she appeared on the Peace & Liberty Medal, where the female personification of Peace is depicted with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches that, according to Taylor, symbolize “the core values of peace, order and good government that have come to inherently represent the Canadian identity.”
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.999% gold, the coin also comes minted in Ultra High Relief, so every strand of hair, every maple leaf, and every olive branch crackles with astounding detail. The design itself is based on the poetic statue representing Peace at Canada’s National War Memorial in Ottawa, Ontario. One of the country’s most revered sites, the memorial consists of a large granite arch that rises over a group of 22 World War I-era soldiers in Confederation Square and is topped by two bronze sculptures representing Peace and Liberty.
Canada’s First Reverse Proof Peace Dollar
And, for the first time in the Canada Peace Dollar series, this coin is struck with a fabulous Reverse Proof finish. The opposite of a regular proof that features frosted details rising over mirror-like fields, this coin was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautiful mirror-like details rising over frosted fields!
What’s more, your 2021 Canada One-Ounce Gold Peace Dollar will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified that this proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
As a final touch, your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by Susan Taylor herself! Each coin will also be accompanied by its original government packaging from the Royal Canadian Mint along with a mint-issued Certificate of Authenticity.
Only 500 of these One-Ounce Gold Canadian Peace Dollars were authorized for worldwide release — an amount that seems destined to disappear rather quickly. Don’t let these coins lip through your fingers; grab a “peace” of this limited mintage now before they’re all gone!
- SECOND YEAR OF CANADA’S PEACE DOLLAR SERIES – 2021 marks Canada’s second year of issuing its Peace Dollar. Designed by Royal Canadian Mint Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, it features an allegorical image of “Peace” on the reverse. The obverse displays the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN ULTRA HIGH RELIEF – The 2021 Canadian Peace Dollar was struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR) with designs that project just over 1.3 mm off the coin’s surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each 2021 Canada Peace Dollar was struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.999% gold and measures 30 mm in diameter.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2021 Canada One-Ounce Gold Peace Dollars are $200 legal tender in Canada.
- REVERSE PROOF FINISH – In a first for the series, this coin is struck with a Reverse Proof finish. The opposite of a regular proof, it features frosted fields and mirrored images.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Canada One-Ounce Gold Peace Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that this proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY A COIN LEGEND – Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with a label personally signed by Susan Taylor, the former Senior Engraver at the Royal Canadian Mint.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Canadian Royal Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for this proof at just 500.
Don’t miss your chance to secure Canada’s 2021 Peace Gold Dollar! Reserve yours now by clicking one to your cart while they’re still available!