Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 China 1-oz Platinum Chicago ANA Show Panda NGC Gem Proof First Day of Issue
China’s Extremely Limited Windy City Platinum Panda
For more than 125 years, the American Numismatic Association’s (ANA) World’s Fair of Money has drawn coin and note collectors from throughout the country and, in recent years, throughout the world. The 128th edition in 2019 was held in Chicago. Each year, the ANA show gives collectors the opportunity to gather along with mints, suppliers, and others in the field to discuss their favorite hobby and learn about historic coins, modern minting methods, and everything in between. Many mints take advantage of the opportunity by minting a piece just for the Fair – which is exactly what the China Mint did with these 2019 World Money Fair Panda Proofs.
Now you can get your paws on the platinum version made available exclusively at the show! This one-ounce proof is struck in 99.9% pure platinum and is 32 mm in diameter. The obverse mimics the design used by the China Mint for its 2011 Panda release. The Panda is shown holding the ANA’s “Lamp of Knowledge” logo along with the year date and precious metal content. As an added feature, the ANA logo is gilded in gold. The reverse features a modified version of the 1893 Columbian Exposition Half Dollar struck to commemorate the expo held in Chicago in 1893. The design is set within a larger image of Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry, a building constructed for the expo in 1893 and still stands today. This mintage for this special coin is extremely limited – just 88 – and will never be struck again!
In addition, your 2019 Chicago ANA Show One-Ounce Platinum Panda has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. NGC has also certified your proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) release, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
Since 1984, China has been issuing medals for international numismatic shows. The issues have become extremely popular among collectors not only because of their beautiful designs but also because of their exclusivity. That is because mintages of the coins are extremely limited, a stark contrast to the millions of bullion Pandas that are issued. This 2019 Platinum ANA Show Release Panda is no exception. Not only is it a low-mintage piece, but it also pays homage to numismatic history, both within the show series and with a famous design related to the country of issue and the host country of the event. Now, this proof is exclusively offered in the United States by GovMint.com, so order yours before it’s too late!
- EXCLUSIVE RELEASE IN CHINA’S EPIC PANDA SERIES – This Platinum Panda was struck exclusively for the 2019 ANA World’s Fair of Money Show held in Chicago. It features a panda on the obverse with the ANA seal gilded in gold. The reverse shows a modified version of the 1893 Columbian Exposition Half-Dollar superimposed in front of an image of Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE PLATINUM – Each 2019 Chicago ANA Show Platinum Panda Proof was struck in a full ounce of 99.9% platinum and measures a large 32 mm in diameter.
- BEAUTIFUL GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Chicago ANA Show Platinum Panda has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Gem Proof condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019 Chicago ANA Show Platinum Panda Proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) release. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic coin capsule with a special ANA label.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – Only 88 of these exclusive Platinum Panda proofs were ever struck by China’s Shanghai Mint – a fitting number since the number “8” is the luckiest number in Chinese culture.
ANA Show Pandas are highly sought-after collectives that tend to sell out quickly. Don’t miss your shot at this 2019 ANA Show Panda!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Shanghai New Century|
|Coin Weight||28.35 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|