Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
– 2019 China 1-oz Silver Unicorn Vault Protector NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue w/Song Fei Signature
Protect Your Collection with a First Ever Silver Unicorn “Cash Coin” Proof
Debuting in 1994, China’s Unicorn Series is not only one of the world’s most popular coin series, it has also transcended numismatics and carved out a popular niche among fans of the mythical beast. To mark the 25th anniversary of the series, the China Mint is releasing a very special addition to the series — the first-ever “cash coin” Unicorn with a square hole!
Many collectors are familiar with classic Chinese “cash” coins — round coins bearing an instantly identifiable square hole in the center. An efficient way to keep track of one’s money, the hole allowed coins to be easily tied together in units of 100, 300 or even a thousand pieces. For centuries, these small bronze coins were the most common currency used in every-day transactions in East Asia.
But on very special occasions, Chinese mints would cast larger, thicker and heavier cash coins. These coins were not made for circulation, however, but for ornamentation — and good luck! With red silk threaded through the holes, these coins were hung over altars in treasury vaults across Asia where offerings were made to the gods of fortune, prosperity and wealth. Many people believed these “Vault Protector” coins would ensure the favor of the gods and protect them against financial ruin. For this reason, scores of these coins were commonly used throughout China to guard public and private vaults.
Struck as a gorgeous proof in five full ounces of highly pure 99.9% silver at China’s branch mint in Shanghai, the 2019 Unicorn Vault Protector features both Eastern and Western interpretations of the mythic beast, this time placed together on the reverse. The obverse displays a section of the Great Wall of China. As you would expect from any release hailing from the China Mint, the detail is incredible having been expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
In fact, your 2019 China One-Ounce Silver Unicorn Vault Protector Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Finally, your Unicorn Vault Protector Proof will arrive sealed in protective holders and encapsulated with an exclusive Great Wall of China label that was personally signed by the coin’s designer Song Fei.
Just 2,888 of these special 25th Anniversary Unicorn Vault Protector One-Ounce Silver Proofs will be struck by the China Mint. With the vast majority staying in China, don’t miss your chance to add one of these lucky coins to your private vault. Plus, each comes in a beautiful presentation case and accompanied by a fact-filled booklet and a certificate of authenticity. Click one to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER RELEASE IN CHINA UNICORN SERIES – This is the first-ever “cash coin” release in China’s Unicorn series. Featuring a square hole in its center, it depicts both Eastern and Western Unicorns on the reverse while the obverse displays a section of the Great Wall of China.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 China Unicorn Vault Protector Proof was struck in five Troy ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 China One-Ounce Silver Unicorn Vault Protector Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- SIGNED BY THE COIN’S DESIGNER – These Unicorn Vault Protector Proofs will arrive sealed in protective holders and encapsulated with exclusive Great Wall of China labels that were personally signed by the coin’s designer Song Fei.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide edition limit for this proof has been set at just 2,888.
Secure the first ever Unicorn “cash coin” with the 2019 China One-Ounce Silver Unicorn Vault Protector Proof. Don’t wait, order yours now before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Shanghai New Century|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|