Oh, Baby! China’s One-Year-Only Panda Design for 2020 Will Melt Your Heart!
Beloved for its precious metal content and intricate designs that change each year, the Chinese Silver Panda series remains one of the world’s most celebrated programs. First released in 1983 and building in popularity every year since, the China Mint's Silver Panda series is now among the most popular on the planet.
For 2020, collectors can secure Panda the beautifully struck in one full kilogram of highly pure 99.9% silver – that’s more than two pounds ounces of gleaming silver, each featuring a new design created by artist Song Lina. And what a design! Ms. Song’s depiction of a playful baby panda bear gleefully stuffing bamboo leaves into its mouth rates as one of the all-timers on the cuteness scale. It’s an image that is sure to melt hearts as it becomes a centerpiece of many collections! The obverse displays the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests located in Beijing’s Temple of Heaven. It is encircled by the phrase “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese along with the 2020 year date.
This remarkable – and massive – silver coin is even more spectacular due to its Proof finish. It was expertly crafted by the skillful artisans at the China Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! Magnificent only begins to describe this breathtaking treasure that measures nearly four inches in diameter! In fact, each 2020 Silver Panda available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means each perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
In addition, NGC has also certified that these proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Plus, each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a mint-identifying label that shows it was struck at the China Mint’s Shenyang facility. To top it off, the mint identification labels have been personally signed by the coin’s design, Song Lina!
Since 2016, China’s legendary Silver Pandas have been issued in metric weights, setting themselves apart from other silver coins minted around the world. In addition, simply acquiring one of these coins can be extremely difficult due to the fact that demand for them within China’s borders has skyrocketed, making them harder to find outside of the country.
No matter what your reasons are for collecting these fabulous coins, now is the time to bring a 2020 China Silver Panda home to your collection!
- A HEARTWARMING ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN! – This year’s Silver Panda design features a playful baby panda bear gleefully stuffing bamboo leaves into its mouth. The Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests located in Beijing’s Temple is shown on the coin’s obverse along with the date and the inscription of “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER! – Each of these Silver Pandas is struck in one kilogram (32.15 ounces) of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 100 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER IN CHINA – Each 2020 China One-Kilo Silver Panda Proof is 300 Yuan legal tender in the People’s Republic of China.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 One-Kilo Silver Panda has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- MINT-IDENTIFIED PANDAS – This coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a mint-identifying label that shows it was struck at the China Mint’s Shenyang facility.
- SIGNED BY THE COIN’S DESIGNER – The mint identification label encapsulated with each Silver Panda available in this offer has been personally signed by the coin’s design, Song Lina.
- LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The China Mint has set the maximum worldwide mintage limit for its One-Kilo Silver Panda Proof at just 20,000!
Only a limited number of coins like this are available graded and certified by NGC as being in flawless Proof-70 condition with a mint-identifying label signed by Song Lina. So, don’t wait; click one to your cart right now!