Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Lunar Year of the Mouse Colorized Proof NGC PF70UC First Releases
The One Kind of Mouse You WANT to Find in Your Home!
Back in the good old days, the sight of a mouse caused some women to panic and stand on chairs while their husbands futilely chased the little varmints across the floor with a broom. But the only scary thing about the mice we have available in this offer is the thought of missing out on one of these gleaming coins – the first release in Australia’s Lunar Series III program that celebrates animals in the Chinese zodiac.
Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure silver, the 2020 Australia Lunar Year of the Mouse Silver Coin depicts a pair of mice foraging on husks of corn along with the Chinese symbol for “mouse.” The little critters look absolutely adorable as they happily chew on kernels of field corn. In fact, if those housewives of yore saw THESE particular little guys, they’d probably want to give ’em a saucer of milk instead of a smack with a broom! What makes then even MORE delightful is that they have been exquisitely colorized in brilliant shades of brown that highlights every tuft of fur from the ends of their tails to the to the tips of their ears.
The design is made even more fantastic thanks to the proof finish. Each coin was expertly crafted by the artisans at Australia’s famed Perth Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. You can even see the famous “P” mint mark just to the right of the cute little big-eared rodents.
In fact, your 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Mouse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified it to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
Just 7,500 of these inaugural 2020 Lunar Series III One-Ounce Silver Year of the Mouse Colorized Proofs will ever be struck so don’t be like a quiet church mouse; make your voice be heard and reserve one to your cart today!
- FIRST RELEASE IN AUSTRALIA’S LUNAR SERIES III – This coin is the first release in Australia’s Lunar Series III program that celebrates animals in the Chinese zodiac. The coin depicts a pair of mice rendered in full color foraging on husks of corn along with the Chinese symbol for “mouse.” The coin’s obverse shows the Jody Clark effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver Lunar Year of the Mouse Proof was struck by Australia’s Perth Mint in one ounce of 99.99% pure silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Mouse Proofs are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Australia One-Ounce Silver Lunar Year of the Mouse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Colorized Lunar Mouse Proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide mintage for these colorized proof coins has been set at just 7,500.
Australia’s foray into the animals of the Chinese Zodiac continues with a third series – kicked off by this One-Ounce Silver Lunar Mouse Colorized Proof. Reserve yours now and beat the rush!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|