A Coin that Pays Tribute to the Chiseled Features of Easter Island!
Silent and foreboding, the gigantic head-shaped monuments that dominate the grassy slopes of Easter Island aren’t meant to be menacing. There are nearly 1,000 oversized heads called moai that were placed there sometime after A.D. 1100 by the local inhabitants. When Europeans first set foot on the Polynesian island on Easter Sunday in 1722, few inhabitants were left to explain the significance of the megalithic statues. Still shrouded in mystery to this day, who knows what ancient secrets the moai still guard?
If you thought the statues of Easter Island were mysterious during the day, check out this coin! The second coin in the Monuments by Moonlight series, it’s struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, the coin depicts Easter Island at midnight, a gigantic full moon silently hovering in the sky above a group of the famous moai statues. The strange appearance is even more mysterious thanks the coin’s magnificent Ultra High Relief, allowing the stone monuments to rise off the shimmering field! Visitors don’t usually get to see these centuries-old sculptures in such an eerie light, but now YOU can thanks to the Monuments by Moonlight series!
And the design is simply superb on this coin. In fact, each 2019 Fiji One-Ounce Silver Monuments by Moonlight Easter Island Ultra High Relief Proof available in this offer comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning they have been expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
We may never know all the answers about the monuments that populate the remote island located in the South Pacific Ocean between Chili and New Zealand, but there’s no doubt that interest in the colossal heads will continue for many generations to come. Each stone carving is about 13 feet tall and weighs about 14 tons. And they’re not just heads! When archeologists decided to dig around the statues, they found that full bodies were attached to the heads. They even discovered an unfinished moai that they believe would have been 70 feet tall if it had been completed!
Just 2,019 of these coins will ever be struck so don’t get left out; celebrate the mystery and beauty of the night at one of the world’s most famous historic sites! Order your 2019 Fiji One-Ounce Silver Monuments by Moonlight Easter Island Ultra High Relief Proof today!
- SECOND RELEASE IN MONUMENTS BY MOONLIGHT SERIES – Easter Island is the theme for the second release in the new “Monuments by Moonlight” proof coin series. The obverse presents a gigantic full moon floating above a group of Easter Island’s famous moai statues along with the simple inscription MONUMENTS BY MOONLIGHT. The coin’s obverse features the Fiji Coat of Arms.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Fiji Monuments by Moonlight Easter Island Ultra High Relief Proof was struck in one full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 38.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER IN FIJI – These 2019 Fiji One-Ounce Silver Monuments by Moonlight Easter Island Ultra High Relief Proofs are $1 legal tender in the South Pacific Ocean island nation of Fiji
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Fiji One-Ounce Silver Monuments by Moonlight Easter Island Ultra High Relief Proof was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- VERY LOW LIMITED MINTAGE – The worldwide edition limit for this coin has been set at just 2,109.
Fans of Easter Island and coin collectors around the world are going crazy for this fascinating proof. But you don’t have to travel to Great Britain to get one and you don’t need to polish up on your Druid rituals. Just add it to your cart!