Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Great Britain £5 Silver 70th Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof NGC PF69UC
Silver That Celebrates the First Platinum Royal Wedding Anniversary in British History!
When Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary in 2017, it was only fitting that Great Britain’s Royal Mint released a coin to commemorate the occasion – an event that marked the first-ever platinum wedding anniversary in the history of the British monarchy! But effectively capture the event, the coin would have to embody the longevity of the marriage, the couple’s dedication to their country, and the pomp and pageantry associated with the Crown. We’re happy to say that this coin succeeds on every point!
Struck in 56.56 grams of 92.5% sterling silver, this spectacular £5 proof is a magnificent tribute. Crafted as a double-thick Piedfort coin, this amazing coin measures 38.6 mm in diameter and features a pair of remarkable designs. The first design by acclaimed British sculptor Etienne Milner appears on the coin’s obverse and features the first combined portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on an official Royal Mint coin in a decade. Its breathtaking design reflects decades of life, service and optimism for the future of England.
Flip the coin over and you’ll see the second design created by John Bergdahl for this unique platinum anniversary. Here, the couple is dressed in royal regalia astride their horses with the phrase WEDDED LOVE HAS JOINED THEM IN HAPPINESS and the dual dates of 1947 and 2017. Since both share a love of horses, it’s only fitting that both are depicted in the midst of an equestrian ride!
With a maximum worldwide mintage of just 4,500, royal watchers and coin collectors have been eagerly scrambling for these coins. Thanks to our connections in the coin world, GovMint has been able to secure a small hoard of these anniversary proofs. Not only that, but each 2017 Great Britain £5 Silver 70th Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
For this first – and for many of our lifetimes, probably the only – British royal platinum wedding anniversary in history, we’re expecting significant demand for these reverent commemoratives. Don’t wait for another 70 years – get your silver piedfort proof today!
- A VISION OF LIFE AND LOVE . . . – Featuring a design created by acclaimed British sculptor Etienne Milner, the coin’s obverse designed the obverse is the first combined portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip to appear on an official Royal Mint coin in a decade.
- . . . PAIRED WITH THEIR LIFELONG PASSION! – The coin’s reverse features a design specially created by John Bergdahl for the platinum anniversary. It shows the couple dressed in royal regalia astride their horses with the phrase WEDDED LOVE HAS JOINED THEM IN HAPPINESS and the dual dates of 1947 and 2017.
- IMPRESSIVE DOUBLE-THICK PIEDFORT COIN – This coin is struck as a double-thick “Piedfort” coin that is approximately twice the thickness of a regular coin!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver 70th Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof was struck by Great Britain’s Royal Mint in 56.56 ounces of highly pure 92.5% sterling silver.
- GREAT BRITAIN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2017 Silver Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof is £5 (five pounds) sterling Great Britain legal tender, as struck into each coin’s obverse along with its milestone dual portrait.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Great Britain £5 Silver 70th Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition.
- A LIMITED-EDITION EVENT – Only 4,500 of these piedfort proofs were minted!
This superb 2017 piedfort from the Royal Mint celebrates the 70th wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabeth & Prince Phillip. Make the 2017 Great Britain £5 Silver Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip 70th Wedding Anniversary Piedfort Proof yours now by clicking one to your cart!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||56.56 Grams - g|