Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain 1-oz Silver Queen’s Beasts Black Bull NGC PF69UC First Strike
A Fantastic Chance to Grab a Bullish Beast by the Horns
This seems like it’s right out of the pages of Harry Potter, but when Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953, there were actually ten fantastic beasts that guarded the entrance to Westminster Abbey. The Queen’s Beasts, as they were called, were six-foot tall statues designed to represent the rich history and heritage of the monarchy.
To honor these royal protectors and celebrate the reign of Queen Elizabeth, Great Britain’s Royal Mint has released a series featuring The Queen’s Beasts -- ten coins for the ten creatures that stood guard outside her coronation ceremony on June 2, 1953. The fourth coin in this series is the Black Bull of Clarence, a symbol of Edward IV, the first King of England descended from the House of York. Edward reigned from 1461 until 1470 and again from 1471 until 1483. The bull almost seems to charge off the face of the coin and is depicted rearing above the Royal Arms of Edward IV and his brother, Richard III.
This regal coin is struck full ounce of 99.9% silver and bares a legal-tender value of two pounds. It also comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof 769 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, NGC has certified this proof as a First Strike (FS) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
There’s nothing magical about it. Simply put, these nearly flawless proof specimens and ultra-cameo designs are breathtaking. Order yours now because when the running of these bulls start, they will be gone!
- NEW SERIES THAT PAYS TRIBUTE TO QUEEN ELIZABETH – Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family remain as popular as ever. This new series from the world-renowned British Royal Mint offers a new take on her reign by commemorating the ten fantastic beasts that stood guard outside Westminster Abbey on her coronation day in 1953.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These coins are struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Queen’s Beasts Black Bull coin is £2 (two pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Great Britain One-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Black Bull of Clarence in has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof 70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST STRIKE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified this proof to be a First Strike (FS) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at only 6,000.
Don’t run from these bulls, grab one by the horns and add it to your collection!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||1 of first 250 Struck|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.21 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|