Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Great Britain £10 10-oz Silver Queen’s Beasts Falcon of the Plantagenets NGC MS69 First Releases
The Queen’s Falcon Spreads Its Wings
This seems like it’s right out of the pages of Harry Potter, but when Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953, there were actually ten fantastic beasts that guarded the entrance to Westminster Abbey. The Queen’s Beasts, as they were called, were each six-foot tall statues that were designed to represent the rich history and heritage of the monarchy.
To honor these royal protectors and celebrate the reign of Queen Elizabeth, The British Royal Mint has released a series featuring The Queen’s Beasts – ten coins for the ten creatures that stood guard outside her coronation ceremony on June 2, 1953. The fifth coin in this release is the Falcon of the Plantagenets, a symbol of the powerful King Edward III, who chose the symbol to embody his love of hawking.
Your 2020 Great Britain Ten-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Falcon of the Plantagenets coin has also been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, NGC has certified that it is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days its release.
Crowned as the age of 14, Edward’s reign from 1327 to 1377 was the second-longest in medieval England. His son and heir, Edward the Black Prince was one of England fiercest and most successful soldiers. However, the Black Prince died in 1376 a week before his 46th birthday, leaving his son Richard II to become king just a year later as a 10-year-old boy – who took an image of a white falcon standing on an unlocked and open fetterlock as his emblem. Richard’s weak rule was later chronicled by William Shakespeare in his historical play “Richard II.”
Here’s your chance to bring the Queen’s Beasts Falcon home in ten full ounces of 99.99% silver, with a reverse designed by the talented Jody Clark, Royal Mint Engraver and designer of the current effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Your coin has a legal-tender value of £10 (ten pounds) and comes in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, meaning it is as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint. This wonderful coin and its exciting designs are breathtaking – it’s no wonder each entry of the Queen’s Beasts series has proven incredibly popular. Don’t wait for our supply to fly away, order yours today!
- LATEST RELEASE IN SERIES PAYING TRIBUTE TO QUEEN ELIZABETH II – Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family remain as popular as ever. This exciting series from the world-renowned British Royal Mint offers a new take on her reign by commemorating the ten fantastic beasts that stood guard outside Westminster Abbey on her coronation day in 1953.
- STRUCK HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Great Britain Ten-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Falcon of the Plantagenets coin is struck in highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 89.15 mm in diameter.
- BRITISH LEGAL TENDER – These 2020 Great Britain Ten-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Falcon of the Plantagenets coins are £10 (ten Pounds) legal tender.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 Great Britain Ten-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Falcon of the Plantagenets coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your coin is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
The flight of a falcon is fast and direct – and between the expected demand by both coin collectors and silver stackers, you’ll have to be fast, too! Don’t miss out; add this magnificent coin to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||312.59 Grams - g|
|Weight||10 Ounces - oz|