Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 2-oz Silver Allegories — Britannia & Germania NGC MS70 First Releases
The Follow-Up to the Insanely Popular Germania Medal Series Is Here!
The Germania Mint’s series featuring its namesake Germania – Germany’s female personification similar to our Liberty or Great Britain’s Britannia – was released in low mintages and sold out at lightning speed. Now, the next beautifully designed medal is here, and just 2,500 of these two-ounce pieces were struck!
What’s more, this new medal is the first issue of an all-new series called “Allegories.” This gorgeous piece not only features a youthful and vibrant Germania, but it shows her standing beside Britain’s Britannia depicted as a chic young lady ready to conquer the hearts of men as easily as she conquers the enemies of her country. Struck in two full ounces of highly pure 99.99% fine silver, it’s a truly beautiful representation of the two nation’s long history of cooperation.
Yes, we said cooperation. Despite being on opposing sides during two world wars, Great Britain and Germany have historically been the best of friends. That was especially true during the Napoleonic Wars of the early 1800s. In fact, the English monarchy was formerly known as the House of Hanover, a Germanic royal family with a history that dates back to 1714 when George I became the first Hanoverian monarch of Great Britain. It was only due to anti-German sentiment during World War I that the Royal Family changed its name to the current House of Windsor in 1917.
Your 2019 Two-Ounce Silver Allegories Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded medal will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your medal to be a First Releases (FR) issue, a designation that means your medal was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out pieces certified this way because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
This gorgeous silver dollar-sized medal is an absolute must-have for any fan of Britannia, Germania or beautiful numismatic medals in general. Click one to your cart today before they vanish into the hands of other eager collectors!
- UPDATED ALLEGORIES OF GREAT BRITAIN AND GERMANY – The female personifications of Great Britain and Germany – Britannia and Germania – take center stage on this silver medal. The reverse features the Germania Mint’s Coat of Arms and a ceremonial 10-Mark denomination – an aesthetic design element as this round is not legal tender.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Silver Allegories Medal was struck by the Germania Mint in two ounces of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. It measures 38.61 mm in diameter and is 5.6 mm thick.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Two-Ounce Silver Allegories Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your medal to be a First Releases (FR) issue, a designation that means your medal was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release.
- LIMITED-EDITION MINTAGE – The maximum worldwide mintage for this medal has been set at 2,500.
The beauty and grace of Britannia and Germania grace this 2019 Two-Once Silver Allegories Medal – the first release in a new series. Get yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Germania Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|