Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2014-2018 Tanzania 1-oz Gold Serengeti Big 5 Complete 5-pc Set NGC PF69UC
Bring Home the Complete Set of "Big Five" Gold Proofs!
If you're on safari in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, your eyes (and camera lens) will be trained to look for the fabled "Big Five." Originating in the 19th century, this classification designated the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard as the most dangerous and fearsome animals on the African plains. This “Who’s Who” of exotic animals was used by big-game trophy hunters to describe the most difficult and dangerous African animals to track.
Today, that same list is used to describe majestic animals that, while still elusive and unpredictable, are becoming increasingly (and alarmingly) endangered – as well as a short checklist of "must capture" animals for wildlife photographers. It’s also the basis for Tanzania’s incredibly popular “Big Five” series of coins.
Here’s your chance to get the complete five-piece set of highly-pure one-ounce gold coins. Each coin in your set also comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! The Proofs in the set are:
- 2014 Lion
- 2015 Elephant
- 2016 Rhinoceros
- 2017 Leopard
- 2018 Cape Buffalo
Now, you don't have to risk ending up on the wrong end of the food chain – you can bring all five animals home today with this 2014-2018 Tanzania One-Ounce Gold Serengeti “Big 5” Complete Five-Proof Set! Each proof in your set will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless proof will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series!
- THE LATEST IN THE "BIG FIVE" SERIES – These Big 5 Proofs all feature close-up head shot of each individual animal. Each coin shows the animal’s image wreathed by acacia trees and savanna brush. A common surrounding design is a rim of tall grass, with a silhouetted lineup of the "Big Five" on display in the lower-left corner. The artful "Big Five" series logo can be seen at the upper right.
- PHENOMENAL PROOFS IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD – Each proof begins as a hand-selected one-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure gold. Then, these Big 5 gold Proofs are struck multiple times with polished dies. The end-results are true "proofs" of the minting art, featuring details that pop with sharp definition over mirror-like fields.
- TANZANIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 "Big Five" Gold Proof is 5,000 shillings Tanzania legal tender – a fact that is reflected on the obverse of each coin along with the country's coat of arms. In addition to being home to the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania also has Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, within its borders.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – The proofs in your set all come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless proof will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series! In addition, your proofs will be sonically sealed in their own individual acrylic cases with special labels, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Finally, your set will arrive to you secured in a custom-crafted wood display box, accompanied by an official certificate of authenticity and a full-color story card.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – The "Big Five" series is limited to only 1,000 of each gold proof!
Coin series like Tanzania's "Big Five" and the "Natura" from South Africa have been attracting fans for years, making them among the most popular in the world. Each release brings new collectors into the fold! Don't miss out on adding these coins to your collection – order your own complete set of 2014-2018 "Big Five" gold proofs today!
|Year of Issue||2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|