Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-MO Mexico 1-oz Silver Libertad Antiqued BU
Modern Silver Libertads With an Antique Look and Feel
First issued in 1982, Mexico’s Silver Libertad is one of the world’s most popular and recognized bullion coins. Thanks to its superior quality and award-winning design, it enjoys an elevated status on a par with the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf and the American Silver Eagle. While the history of this fabulous coin is relatively short, the story behind the mint that produces it dates back nearly 500 years! In fact, the story of the Libertad is a story of the National Mint of Mexico – la Casa de Moneda de Mexico – by far the oldest mint in North America.
As the largest silver producer in the Western Hemisphere, Mexico has struck enormous quantities of silver coins since it was founded in 1535. In 2018, the Mexican Mint added a new twist to its already enormously popular Silver Libertad series with the addition of a one-ounce coin that featured a special antiqued finish. Giving the Libertad the appearance of coin that was struck centuries ago. It was the first time in the history of the series that this special finish has been applied!
The Mint released these special antique-finish Libertads again in 2019 but in MUCH smaller numbers. While 40,000 of the first-year-of-issue antiqued one-ounce Silver Libertads were struck, just 1,000 were coined in 2019 – that’s just 2.5% of the previous year’s mintage! Not only does that make the 2019 version of these coins incredibly scare, it also means that thousands of people who purchased the coin in 2018 won’t even get the chance to obtain the 2019 edition!
Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver, the coin’s design features the familiar image of Winged Victory and the legendary volcanoes of Popocatepetl and Iztaccíhuatl on the reverse, and the National Coat of Arms surrounded by the different official seals used throughout the history of Mexico on the obverse. While bearing no denomination, the coin is backed by the Bank of Mexico with the government guaranty of the coin's weight and metal purity stamped right into its surface, making it a true silver bullion coin.
Though the Mexican Mint has issued Silver Libertad coins in a wide range of denominations and sizes, the one-ounce version has always been the most heavily demanded. Now you can secure this coin with a special antiqued finish – but only if you act fast. With such a small mintage, these coins could disappear before you know it!
- UNIQUE ANTIQUE FINISH LIBERTADS – In addition to the reverse design featuring Winged Victory and an obverse design showcasing Mexico's official seal surrounded by the different official seals used throughout the history of Mexico, this coin has received a special antiqued finish.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Antiqued Silver Libertad measures 38 mm in diameter and was struck in one ounce (onza) of 99.9% fine silver at the Mexican Mint –la Casa de Moneda de Mexico. Founded in 1535, the Mexican Mint is the oldest mint in North America and is represented by a unique “Mo” mint mark.
- A COIN THAT IS NOT LEGAL TENDER – The Silver Libertad has the unique distinction of being a government issued coin that lacks a face value. While bearing no denomination, the coin is backed by the Bank of Mexico with the government guaranty of the coin's weight and metal purity stamped right into the surface of the coin.
- ORIGINAL UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Antiqued One-Ounce Silver Libertad will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, exactly as it left the mint.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Mexican Mint has set the edition limit for these Antiqued One-Ounce Silver Libertad coins at just 1,000.
Act now to get the low-mintage 2019 One-Ounce Silver Libertad with a special antiqued finish. Click one to your cart before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Mexico Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|