Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Morgan Silver Dollar Treasury Hoard Collection 5 Pieces
One of the Greatest Silver Hoards of All-Time
In the early 1960s, when the U.S. Treasury began liquidating its supply of silver dollar bags at face value, the news spread like wildfire. Soon, coin enthusiasts from all over the country swarmed into Washington D.C., hoping to find scarce dates and mintmarks. By 1964, the lines of collectors snaked for blocks around the Treasury building. Finally the government closed the sale of coins, and brought the commotion to an end once and for all. More than 40 years later savvy collectors recognize the importance of obtaining coins that originated from this hoard. Now, while our supply lasts, you can get a five-piece collection of handpicked key-date Morgans from this famous hoard!
The Collection Includes:
- 1881-S - A product of the famous San Francisco Mint, these coins are recognized as the most well struck of the entire series.
- 1886-P - Minted during the heyday of the Comstock Lode, this coin was struck at the Philadelphia Mint, also known as the "Mother Mint".
- 1899-O - Prior to the 1960s, this coin from the legendary New Orleans Mint was extremely scarce. Thanks to the Treasury Hoard, it's finally available.
- 1900-O - This key, milestone date has been popular with collectors, making it difficult to find.
- 1921-P - First and lasts are always key dates in any collection. This last-year Morgan is a must-have!
|Year of Issue||1901|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|