Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign Proof
World’s First New Zealand Gold Sovereigns
First struck more than 200 years ago, the British Gold Sovereign is one of the most widely recognized coins in the world. In its long and celebrated history, the Sovereign has been struck in Great Britain, Australia, South Africa, India and Canada. Now, in 2019 on the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, the world’s first-ever New Zealand Gold Sovereigns are being issued!
In this offer you can get the Gold Quarter Sovereign as created by celebrated designer Natanya van Niekerk, the creative genius who won numerous international coin awards for her work on the South African Mint’s acclaimed Natura series. The design pays homage to Victoria’s effigy from the first sovereign issued in 1838 during the second year of her reign. The portrait is framed with a spiral-shaped koru design representing the royal generations past, present and future. A lattice stained-glass effect has also been incorporated into the design to symbolize the vast array of territories that Queen Victoria reigned over when the British Empire was at the height of its power.
Your 2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Since a limited edition of just 4,999 of these fabulous coins have been struck, the demand is sure to exceed supply.
Don’t delay; order your 2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign Proof now before the extremely limited mintage is snapped up by other eager collectors!
- FIRST-EVER GOLD SOVEREIGNS FROM NEW ZEALAND – These are the first-ever Gold Sovereigns struck in New Zealand. It features a design of Queen Victoria based on the first sovereign to be issued during her reign. The common obverse is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE GOLD – Each New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign was struck in two grams of highly pure 91.67% (22 karat) fine gold.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are 50 cents legal tender in New Zealand.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign was crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED AVAILABILITY – The limited mintage for the 2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign Proof has been set at just 4,999.
Don’t miss your chance to secure one of the world’s first New Zealand Gold Sovereigns. Order your 2019 New Zealand Gold Quarter Sovereign Proof today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Commonwealth Mint|
|Coin Weight||2 Grams - g|