Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Niue $20 2-oz Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin NGC MS70 First Releases w/Black Core
Look Darth Vader in The Eye with the First Coin in the Star Wars Helmet Series
The unmistakable presence of Darth Vader™ and his awesome power was clearly obvious from the first moment he filled the screen in the original Star Wars film. Dressed all in black, his grim countenance was literally masked in evil. But just how did Darth Vader’s helmet get its unique look?
According to the original “Force” material, Star Wars™ creator George Lucas always imagined Vader as an imposing bad guy with a look fueled by images from some of his favorite films. Vader’s black cape was partially based on the long flowing silks worn by Omar Sharif’s character in Lawrence of Arabia. The famous helmet and mask were inspired by the films of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, whose samurai warriors often wore kabuto helmets and mempo face masks. Wardrobe technicians reviewed the design concepts and assembled a preliminary costume out of a black motorcycle suit, a Nazi helmet, a gas mask, and a monk’s cloak they found in the costumers’ Middle Ages department. Lucas approved the direction the wardrobe folks were going in, and the end result ultimately became the look that fans know and love today.
Now you can study Vader’s malevolent mask and helmet without threat of being mind-controlled or sliced in half by a light saber. Struck in two full ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver, this legal-tender coin is the first release in the New Zealand Mint’s series of sculpted Star Wars Helmet Coins. Each 2019 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin available in this offer will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has certified your Darth Vader Helmet Coin to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special black display core.
Issued on behalf of the South Pacific Island nation of Niue, the coin’s sculpted reverse is dominated by the ominous face of Darth Vader’s helmet and mask – you can almost hear Vader’s deep baritone voice imploring you to join him on the Dark Side! Instead of joining Darth Vader on the Dark Side, join him on the silver side with this impressive collectible coin. But you must hurry; just 5,000 were struck for worldwide release – a limited edition that is much too small for the millions of Star Wars fans across the planet. Search your feelings, you KNOW you want this coin. Give in and click one to your cart today!
- FIRST RELEASE IN STAR WARS HELMET SERIES – This coin is the first in the New Zealand Mint’s series of sculpted Star Wars Helmet Coins. The ominous face of Darth Vader’s helmet dominates the sculpted reverse while a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, the date, denomination and issuing country are featured on the flat obverse side.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin was struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – These 2019 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin are $20 legal tender in Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Darth Vader Helmet Coin to be a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special black display core.
- LOW WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The maximum worldwide limited mintage for this coin has been set at just 5,000.
Don’t miss your chance to look Darth Vader right in the eye; reserve your 2019 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Darth Vader Helmet Coin today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Mint Name||New Zealand Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|