Help Preserve the Planet With This Silver Koala
No one who has seen the heart-rending images of the injured and dying animals trying to escape Australia’s out-of-control wildfires has been left without feeling deeply affected by the sadness of it all. The thought that more than a billion animals were lost during the devastating 2019-2020 bushfire season is a numbing statistic.
To help focus attention on the recovery efforts related to the wildfires that laid waste to large portions of Australia, England’s world-renowned British Pobjoy Mint struck a limited edition of “Preserve Planet Earth” proofs that feature a koala bear, Australia’s quintessential animal. Minted in two full ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver, this poignant coin depicts the cuddly little marsupial perched on a tree branch with an outline of Australia in the background.
The coin’s incredible high relief gives added depth to the distinctively Australian mammal and its big innocent eyes that seem to be pleading for help. The detail is all the more amazing thanks to its pristine proof condition. Each coin was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Sales of this coin will also help Australia recover because Pobjoy will donate 15% of the proceeds from the sale of this coin to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Services, which is Australia’s largest wildlife rescue organization. Following the catastrophic fires, the non-profit group said it will be focusing on increasing its capacity to rescue and care for more individual animals and to improve long-term outcomes for native animals.
Issued by Pobjoy on behalf of Niue, an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean located just 3,600 miles from Australia, just 500 of these 2020 Two-Ounce Silver Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proofs will ever be struck. Plus, each one available in this offer comes in its original mint packaging consisting of a unique acrylic box, illustrated sleeve and a Certificate of Authenticity.
This thought-provoking coin is a vivid reminder that we can all play a role in preserving planet Earth and its many creatures. If you’re a collector of Koala coins, love Australia or simply want to make a difference, this coin is a good start. Click one to your cart today.
- COINS THAT HELP PRESERVE PLANET EARTH – This coin was struck by the Pobjoy Mint to focus attention on the recovery efforts related to the devasting wildfires that have laid waste to large portions of Australia. To aid the efforts, Pobjoy will donate 15% of the proceeds from the sale of this coin to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Services.
- INCREDIBLE HIGH RELIEF DETAIL – Struck in incredible high relief, this coin depicts a Koala perched on a tree branch with the outline of Australia behind it. The words PRESERVE PLANET EARTH appear above the koala, thousands of which were lost to the out-of-control fires. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proof was struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 50 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER IN NIUE – These 2020 will come in gorgeous proof Two-Ounce Silver Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proofs are $2 legal tender in Niue, an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean located just 3,600 miles from Australia.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proof was crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for the 2020 Niue Two-Ounce Silver Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proof was set at just 500.
This Silver Koala Preserve Planet Earth High Relief Proof pays tribute to Australia as it recovers from devastating wildfires. Secure yours today.