The Czech Mint’s First-Ever Silver Bullion Coin
When The Czech Mint decided to strike its first-ever silver bullion coin, it settled upon a dynamic theme for its initial entry to put forth on the world stage: the national symbol of the Czech Republic itself, a regal-looking double-tailed lion! The heraldic beast can now be part of your collection with this spectacular coin struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver!
Crown Your Collection With the Bohemian Lion
The design on this coin seems to bound from its surface. It shows a proud, heavily maned lion represent power and sovereignty. Atop its tawny head rests the Crown of Saint Wenceslas, a crown that forms part of the Bohemian Crown Jewels. Bohemia is now part of the Czech Republic and the Bohemian Crown Jewels are stored in an undisclosed location within Prague’s St. Vitus Cathedral. The vault is sealed with seven locks whose keys are held by seven different government and religious officials. The final design element is a sprig from a Linden Tree, the Czech Republic’s national tree.
The lion became part of Bohemian heraldry thank to the legendary story of Prince Bruncvik. According to the tale, Bruncvik was a mythical prince who traveled to Africa, where he helped a lion defeat a dragon. It’s one of the most famous stories of how the exotic lion became symbol of the Czech Republic. And, while a decidedly Czech theme, this coin is actually $2 legal Tender in Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean that licensed that these coins be struck by the Czech Mint.
Low Limited Brilliant Uncirculated Edition
Each coin available here comes in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with razor-sharp details that are as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint. And, with a limited edition of just 7,935, these coins may not be around for long. The culturally significant theme and silver purity will have collectors and silver stackers alike vying for these beautiful coins. Don’t miss out on this first-ever release, click the 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Czech Lion to you cart today!
- FIRST BULLION COIN FROM THE CZECH MINT – This coin is the first silver bullion coin struck by the Czech Mint. It features a lion, the national symbol of the Czech Republic, on the reverse while the obverse is graded by the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, the head of state of Niue, the coin’s country of issue.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each coin was struck by the Czech Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 37 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER – These 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Czech Lion Coins are $2 legal tender in Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean that licensed these coins to be struck by the Czech Mint.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Czech Lion Coin will come in original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for the 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Czech Lion Coin is a mintage of only 7,935.
Secure the Czech Mint’s first silver bullion coin with the 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Czech Lion. With such a small limited edition, these coins may not be “lion” around for long so reserve yours now!