The Little Boy Destined To Become the Galaxy’s Most Feared Villain
Before Darth Vader become one of the greatest villains ever to appear on the silver screen, he was a boy named Anakin Skywalker. We first met young Anakin in 1999’s Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace where he was depicted as a 9-year-old child enslaved by Watto, an ill-tempered junk dealer on the planet Tatooine. Despite his age, Anakin proved to be a gifted pilot, and wins his freedom in an epic podrace reminiscent of the chariot race from the classic 1959 film Ben Hur.
A Gifted Young Boy Strong With The Force
Played by Jake Lloyd, who was just 8-years-old during filming, Anakin was forced to leave his mother on Tatooine and was taken under the wing of Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, who trained the young boy in the ways of The Force. And now, Anakin returns on this release in New Zealand Mint’s latest Star Wars Classics coin series that shows an image of Anakin wearing helmet and goggles at the helm of his podracer. The iconic image is struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver.
Gem Proof Coins and Original Mint Packaging
Plus, each coin available in this offer comes in gorgeous Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! In addition, the coin is officially licensed by Lucasfilm and Disney, so you know it lives up to the high standards Star Wars fans have come to expect. Each coin will also come beautifully housed in its original mint packaging that consists of a premium black box stored inside a Star Wars-branded outer box and accompanied by a mint-issued Certificate of Authenticity.
Through his adventures with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker would meet and fall in love with the beautiful and resourceful Queen Padmé Amidala, sparking a series of events that would drive the Star Wars films throughout their run. The new 2021 Niue Star Wars Anakin Skywalker One-Ounce Silver Coin is the perfect piece to start or add to your own Star Wars collection. Just 10,000 of these coins are available for worldwide release and they’re sure to be coveted by coin collectors, Star Wars fans and silver stackers alike. So, don’t wait; order one – or several – right now!
- PART OF STAR WARS CLASSIC SERIES – This coin comes from the New Zealand Mint’s immensely popular Star Wars Classic collection, which features some of the most beloved characters from the wildly successful movie series. The coin shows an image of Anakin Skywalker as a young boy at the helm of his podracer in a scene from Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- A HIGH STANDARD OF PURITY —These 2021 Niue Star Wars Anakin Skywalker Silver Coins were struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measure 40 mm in diameter.
- NIUE LEGAL TENDER – Each 2021 Star Wars Anakin Skywalker One-Ounce Silver Coin is $2 legal tender in Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean that sits between Tonga, Samoa, and the Cook Islands.
- GORGEOUS GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Niue Star Wars Anakin Skywalker One-Ounce Silver Coin will come in gorgeous Gem Proof condition featuring frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – This coin is part of a limited mintage of just 10,000 pieces, quite low given the tens of millions of Star Wars fans throughout the world.
Add the 2021 Niue Star Wars Anakin Skywalker One-Ounce Silver Coin to your collection. Don’t wait; click one to your cart today!
© Disney Produced in cooperation with S&A Partners, an official licensee of Lucasfilm. © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.