Darth Vader Launches Star Wars Faces Of The Empire Series
The unmistakable presence of Darth Vader™ and his awesome power was clearly obvious from the first moment he filled the screen in the original Star Wars film. Dressed all in black, his grim countenance was literally masked in evil. But just how did Darth Vader’s helmet get its unique look?
Origins Of Darth Vader’s Helmet
According to the original “Force” material, Star Wars™ creator George Lucas always imagined Vader as an imposing bad guy with a look fueled by images from some of his favorite films. Vader’s black cape was partially based on the long flowing silks worn by Omar Sharif’s character in Lawrence of Arabia. The famous helmet and mask were inspired by the films of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, whose samurai warriors often wore kabuto helmets and mempo face masks. Wardrobe technicians reviewed the design concepts and assembled a preliminary costume out of a black motorcycle suit, a Nazi helmet, a gas mask, and a monk’s cloak they found in the costumers’ Middle Ages department. Lucas approved the direction the wardrobe folks were going in, and the end result ultimately became the look that fans know and love today.
Crafted From Hand-Selected Planchets And Polished Dies
Now you can study Vader’s malevolent mask and helmet without the threat of being mind-controlled or sliced in half by a light saber. Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver, this colorized and shaped coin is the first release in the New Zealand Mint’s Star Wars Faces of the Empire series. Released on behalf of Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean, this $2 legal-tender Darth Vader Coin will come in gorgeous Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
The Ominous Face Of Darth Vader
Issued on behalf of the South Pacific Island nation of Niue, the coin’s reverse is dominated by the ominous face of Darth Vader’s helmet and mask. You can almost hear Vader’s deep baritone voice imploring you to join him on the Dark Side! Instead of joining Darth Vader on the Dark Side, join him on the silver side with this impressive collectible coin. But you must hurry; just 10,000 were struck for worldwide release — a limited edition that is much too small for the millions of Star Wars fans across the planet. Your coin will also come beautifully housed in its original government packing from the mint which consists of a retail friendly black display case that incorporates a Certificate of Authenticity within the packaging.
Search your feelings, you KNOW you want this coin. Give in and click one to your cart today!
- FIRST RELEASE IN STAR WARS FACES OF THE EMPIRE SERIES – This coin is the first in the New Zealand Mint’s Faces of the Empire series of shaped & colorized coins. The ominous face of Darth Vader’s helmet dominates the reverse while a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, the date, denomination and issuing country are featured on the flat obverse side.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Star Wars Faces of the Empire: Darth Vader Coin was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 36 mm x 35.9 mm.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – These One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Faces of the Empire: Darth Vader Coin are $2 legal tender in Niue, a small island nation in the South Pacific Ocean.
- GORGEOUS GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Faces of the Empire: Darth Vader Shaped & Colorized coin will come in gorgeous Gem Proof condition.
- LOW WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The maximum worldwide limited mintage for the 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Faces of the Empire: Darth Vader Shaped & Colorized Proof has been set at just 10,000.
Don’t miss your chance to look Darth Vader right in the eye; reserve your 2021 Niue One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Faces of the Empire: Darth Vader Shaped & Colorized Proof today!