Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1883-O Morgan Silver Dollar Buffalo Bill BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.95 $97.00
Lasso Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Silver Dollar!
Today, we’d call it a hit reality show. But on May 19, 1883 in Omaha, Nebraska, no one in the U.S. had ever seen anything quite like it! This new-fangled entertainment was William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody’s Wild West Show –an outdoor extravaganza featuring riding, roping, real buffalos, and genuine cowboys and Indians direct from America’s frontier. In its day, it was a spectacle unlike any other, touring the country for three decades and playing to enthusiastic crowds across Europe – England’s Queen Victoria enjoyed it so much, she saw it three times!
Riding side-by-side with Buffalo Bill’s Wild West spectacle were these fabulous Morgan Silver Dollars. These big silver coins could easily have paid for an entire family’s admission to the show’s debut performance – a coin like this might even have been tucked away in Mr. Cody’s vest pocket as he rode pell-mell into the arena!
The Morgans we have available in this offer were all struck at the fabled New Orleans Mint in 1883 when Buffalo Bill first began playing to sold-out shows and cheering audiences across the country. The epitome of Wild West currency, the Morgan Dollar was struck from silver mined from Nevada’s famous Comstock Lode. These 90% silver coins were the largest silver coins in circulation and were more accepted than paper currency out West. Not only are you getting an authentic piece of Wild West history, but your coin will also come graded in gorgeous Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition – a premium condition desired by collectors!
It’s also interesting to note that your coin was struck by the U.S. Mint’s branch mint in New Orleans. The New Orleans Mint is the only U.S. branch mint that was operated under the control of three different governments during its existence; the United States, the State of Louisiana, and the Confederate States of America. For that reason, Morgan Silver Dollars struck at the New Orleans Mint are among the most coveted! Your 1883-O Morgan will also come housed in a protective acrylic sleeve that features an informative storycard about Buffalo Bill and his Wild West Show.
Hundreds of millions of Morgans were minted between 1878 and 1904, and again in 1921. Unfortunately, finding any quantity of these historic 135-year-old silver dollars has become increasingly difficult with every passing year. That’s because thanks to the Pittman Act of 1918 and other silver meltings, it’s estimated that only 15% of all the Morgan Silver Dollars ever struck have survived to this day. And even fewer exist in Uncirculated condition!
But more than a century later, you can still pocket a genuine 1883-O Silver Dollar – in the same condition as when it first rolled off the presses! It’s a legendary piece of American Wild West history and a vintage silver dollar no Morgan collection should be without. Order yours now!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR AND COLLECTED COIN – Designed by U.S. Mint Engraver George T. Morgan, the Morgan Silver Dollar was struck from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921. Today it is one of the most popular and heavily collected of all United States coins.
- KEY DATE MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR– Your 1883-O Morgan Silver Dollar was struck at the New Orleans Mint. Morgans bearing the “O” mint mark are valued by collectors because the New Orleans Mint is the only U.S. Mint branch to have served under three separate governing bodies; the United States of America, the State of Louisiana and the Confederate States of America.
- STRUCK IN FINE AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver – fine American silver mined from the famous Comstock Lode in Nevada.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COINAGE – Each Morgan Silver Dollar was one dollar legal tender.
- GORGEOUS BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 1883-O Morgan Silver Dollar comes in gorgeous Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as crisp and beautiful as th4 day it left the New Orleans Mint 135 year ago.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGAN – Despite millions of Morgan Silver Dollars being struck from 1878-1921, most were lost in circulation or melted down in mass silver meltings. In fact, coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgan ever struck remain in existence today.
The Morgan Silver Dollar is one of America’s most popular and heavily collected coins. This is your chance to secure a Buffalo Bill-era Wild West 1883-O Morgan Silver Dollar graded in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition! Add it your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1883|
|Mint Name||New Orleans - O|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|