Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1886-P $1 Statue of Liberty Morgan Silver Dollar BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
The Statue of Liberty Morgan Silver Dollar
As immigrants in the late 19th century sailed into New York Harbor, a towering beacon lit the way welcoming them to her shores. The towering beacon was, of course, the Statue of Liberty. And since her dedication more than 130 years ago on October 28, 1886, the gigantic sculpture has assumed the mantle of arguably the most iconic landmark in the United States of America.
During the dedication ceremonies it’s highly likely that many of the people in attendance had a few Lady Liberty coins in their pockets in the form of these big, bold and beautiful Morgan Silver Dollars. It’s also likely that those coins would have originated from the U.S. Mint’s “Mother Mint” located in Philadelphia just 80 miles south of Liberty Island.
By the end of 1886, the Philadelphia Mint had coined nearly 20 million Morgans – and impressive number to be sure. But due to the ravages of time, commerce and government-sanctioned meltings, most of these hefty silver dollars have been taken from us. In fact, numismatists have estimated that as few as 15% of ALL Morgans ever struck have survived to this day in ANY condition!
Fortunately for you, we managed to secure some stunning examples of the 1886-P Morgan Silver Dollar, each in crisp Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition! Struck in 90% silver, these coins never looked better. Plus, we’ve sealed each one in its own 4" x 6" Statue of Liberty custom coin holder that includes details about the world-famous icon. Who knows – the very coin you secure may have sat in the pockets of one of the lucky few to attend the dedication ceremony!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR AND COLLECTED COIN – Designed by U.S. Mint Engraver George T. Morgan, the Morgan Silver Dollar was struck from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921. Today it is one of the most popular and heavily collected of all United States coins.
- KEY DATE MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR– Your 1886-P Morgan Silver Dollar was struck at the Philadelphia Mint. Morgans struck at the “Mother Mint” in Philadelphia have no mint mark.
- STRUCK IN FINE AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver – fine American silver mined from the famous Comstock Lode near Virginia City, Nevada – the richest silver mine in American history.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COINAGE – Each Morgan Silver Dollar was $1 legal tender.
- NICE VERY FINE CONDITION – Your 1886-P Morgan Silver Dollar comes in crisp Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with a sharp detail and nice mint luster.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGAN – Despite millions of Morgan Silver Dollars being struck from 1878-1921, most were lost in circulation or melted down in mass silver meltings. In fact, coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgan ever struck remain in existence today!
This 1886-P $1 Morgan in Brilliant Uncirculated condition gives you the perfect opportunity to own a key-date Morgan! Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||1886|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|