Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1888-S Morgan Silver Dollar PCGS MS65
Scarce 1888-S Morgan Silver Dollar
It’s said that as little as 15% of all Morgan Silver Dollars remain today in any condition. Of that relatively few number, there are even deeper areas of rarity for us to explore – which brings us to the 1888-S Morgan Silver Dollar.
Out of the 96 dates and mint mark combinations issued by the U.S. Mint for the Morgan series, just 17 of them have a mintage of less than one million. This coin qualifies, being a scarce San Francisco Mint issue of only 657,000 pieces – most of which were immediately released into circulation. By comparison, 1888 saw 19.183 million Morgans struck in Philadelphia and another 12.15 million struck in New Orleans. That makes any 1888-S Morgan one of just 2% of Morgans struck that year!
Add in the fact that the San Francisco Mint produced some of the finest Morgans of the series and you can see why any collector of high-end Morgans would want to secure this coin for his or her collection. In fact, it comes graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in gorgeous Gem Uncirculated Mint State-65 (MS65) condition. All you need do is take a look at this coin’s frosty-white appearance and full mint luster and you’ll want to secure it for YOUR collection!
Today the 1888-S Silver Dollar is extremely hard to find, especially in better-grade condition. We sell thousands of Morgan Silver Dollars every year, but we don’t see the 1888-S as often as many other dates. Don't wait; this is a beautiful piece, and we have only one in stock. Secure it for your collection now before it disappears!
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN – The Morgan Silver Dollar – so named for its designer, U.S. Mint Assistant Engraver George T. Morgan – has stood the test of time. Struck from 1878-1904 and again in 1921. The coins in this offer were struck between 1879 and 1904. Dates will vary.
- GORGEOUS HIGH-GRADE CONDITION – Your Morgan Silver Dollar has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in Gem Uncirculated Mint State-54 (MS65) condition.
- KEY-DATE MORGAN – The San Francisco Mint struck just 2% of all Morgan Silver Dollars issued in 1888, making that date and mint mark a scare treasure, particularly one like this in an exceptionally high grade.
- BIG SILVER COINS – Struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver, the Morgan Silver Dollar is a big coin 38.1 mm in diameter.
- CLASSIC DESIGNS – Morgan’s historic design depicts a profile of Lady Liberty on the obverse while the reverse features an eagle with outstretched wings.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGANS – While millions of Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 through 1921, massive silver meltings and the ravages of time have taken their toll. Today coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgans ever struck remain in existence!
A stunning 1888 San Francisco Morgan Silver Dollar graded by PCGS in Gem Uncirculated Mint State-65 condition? That’s right, and it can be yours if you act fast. Reserve it to your cart before another collector beats you to it!
|Year of Issue||1888|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|