Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1890-CC Morgan Silver Dollar VF
Two C’s Make All the Difference
Back in 1890, the Philadelphia Mint struck nearly 17 million Morgan Silver Dollars. More than 2,600 miles away, the Carson City Mint struck a shade over 2 million. But that’s only part of the remarkable story of why the 1890 Carson City Morgan is so hard to find. You see, folks out East preferred paper dollars, so the coins from the Mother Mint in Philadelphia are much easier to find today in nice condition, as they tended to sit in bank vaults instead of in people’s pockets. But in the West, folks preferred money in the form of these hefty, 90% silver coins. The result was “hard currency” from the Carson City Mint exchanging hands frequently in commerce.
These were THE coins used by cowboys, gunfighters, saloon keepers and dance hall girls. Who knows where these coins traveled, in whose pockets they rested, or what kind of escapades they saw? Just imagine the history you can hold in your hands with one of these big vintage silver dollars struck in the heart of the Old West from the silver of the famous Comstock Lode in Virginia City – the richest silver mine in American history!
With a low mintage and blazing Wild West folklore, collectors snap up Morgan Silver Dollars from the legendary Carson City Mint whenever they see them. Here’s your chance – snap up your very own 1890-CC Morgan Silver Dollar now! Each coin available in this offer comes in nice detailed Very Fine (VF) condition, showing much of the hair lines from the top of the forehead to Miss Liberty's ear.
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR AND COLLECTED COIN – Designed by U.S. Mint Engraver George T. Morgan, the Morgan Silver Dollar was struck from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921. Today it is one of the most popular and heavily collected of all United States coins.
- KEY DATE MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR– Your 1890-CC Morgan Silver Dollar was struck at the Carson City Mint. Morgans bearing the “CC” mint mark are valued by collectors because the Carson City Mint is the mint responsible for the smallest number of Morgans struck.
- STRUCK IN FINE AMERICAN SILVER – Morgan Silver Dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% silver – fine American silver mined from the famous Comstock Lode near Virginia City, Nevada – the richest silver mine in American history.
- LEGAL TENDER AMERICAN COINAGE – Each Morgan Silver Dollar was one dollar legal tender.
- NICE VERY FINE CONDITION – Your 1890-CC Morgan Silver Dollar comes in collector grade Very Fine (VF) condition with lots of nice detail.
- THE CASE OF THE DISAPPEARING MORGAN – Despite millions of Morgan Silver Dollars being struck from 1878-1921, most were lost in circulation or melted down in mass silver meltings. In fact, coin experts believe that only 15% of all Morgan ever struck remain in existence today.
The Morgan Silver Dollar is one of America’s most popular and heavily collected coins. This is your chance to secure a key low-mintage date 1890-CC Morgan Silver Dollar! Add it your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1890|
|Mint Name||Carson City - CC|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|