Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1969–2019 5-oz Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal NGC MS70 w/Space-Flown Alloy & Bonus 1-oz Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal NGC MS70 w/Space Flown Alloy
When Apollo 11 Left for the Moon, The Astronauts Didn’t Go Alone
On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong, with help from Michael Collins and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, became the first human in history to set foot on the lunar surface. The Apollo 11 mission stands as one of mankind’s greatest achievements, but there’s a part of the story that many have never heard – one that’s of keen interest to collectors.
Along with their rations, personal items and various scientific equipment, the Apollo 11 spacecraft carried special medals that were struck by the Robbins Company. A NASA tradition that began with Apollo 7, the medals bore a version of their mission patch design and were struck specifically for that mission’s crew and their families. The reverse displayed the astronaut’s names and the launch, landing and return dates of the mission.
Today, the original Apollo 11 Robbins Medals are incredibly coveted collectibles, with a silver space-flown medal recently realizing more than $112,000 at auction. Each medal is a sentimental and important part of the Apollo 11 story – and with this new collectible, you can add a piece of that story to your own collection – an impressive 5-ounce silver commemorative along with the similarly designed one-ounce piece as an added bonus!
Created by digitally scanning original Apollo 11 Robbins Medal dies held by the Armstrong family, these 50th Anniversary Commemoratives feature the exact same design as the originals, modified only to add dual dates of 1969 and 2019 and the words “50th Anniversary.” Every other detail reflects those of the medals that traveled along with Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins as they soared through the cosmos on their way into the history books.
The perfect Apollo 11 Commemorative for your collection, it’s struck in five full ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver. As an added touch, the medal has been antiqued using authentic Apollo-flown alloy! It also comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded commemorative will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
As part of this “Buy On, Get One” offer, you’ll also receive a bonus One-Ounce Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal that features the same images. It was also struck 99.9% silver and was specially antiqued with a space-flown metal alloy that was part of an Apollo mission! It also comes certified and graded by NGC in matching MS70 condition.
Each medal will arrive in its own presentation case and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity and an informative storycard. Coin collectors, history buffs, fans of space and science, and people who enjoy owning pieces of Americana will all be clamoring for this historic medal. But with a limited edition of just 5,000 five-ounce medals, there are far too few to go around. Order yours now!
- MEDALS MADE FROM ORIGINAL DIES – These Apollo 11 Commemorative Medals were made from the original dies that the Robbins Company used to strike an extremely limited number of medallions that traveled aboard the mission. The medal replicates the mission patch and depicts an American Eagle about to land on the moon with Mother Earth floating above in the background. The medal’s reverse includes the names of the astronauts – Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin – along with the dates of launch, moon landing and return. On the original medals that flew in space, the dates were left blank and were to be engraved upon their return to Earth.
- COMMEMORATING MANKIND’S MOST SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENT – On July 20, 1969, American Astronaut Neil Armstrong descended from the lunar module Eagle and upon setting foot on the moon proclaimed, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Silver Commemoratives were struck in highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Five-Ounce Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative and the bonus one-ounce version have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- INCLUDES SPACE-FLOWN ALLOY – Both the Five-Ounce Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative and the bonus one-ounce version have been specially antiqued with a metal alloy taken from an actual Apollo mission.
If there was ever a numismatic collectible that was described as being “out of this world,” it would be these Apollo 11 Fiftieth Anniversary Commemorative Medals. Secure these commemoratives now and own a piece of history!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Sunshine Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|