Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1969–2019 50-oz Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative w/Space-Flown Alloy NGC Gem Uncirculated
When Apollo 11 Left for the Moon, The Astronauts Didn’t Go Alone
On July 20th, 1969, Neil Armstrong, with help from Michael Collins and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, became the first human in history to set foot on the lunar surface. The Apollo 11 mission stands as one of mankind’s greatest achievements, but there’s a part of the story that many have never heard – one that’s of keen interest to collectors.
Along with their rations, personal items and various scientific equipment, the Apollo 11 spacecraft carried special medals that were struck by the Robbins Company. A NASA tradition that began with Apollo 7, the medals bore a version of their mission patch design and were struck specifically for that mission’s crew and their families. The reverse displayed the astronaut’s names and the launch, landing and return dates of the mission.
Today, the original Apollo 11 Robbins Medals are incredibly coveted collectibles, with a silver space-flown medal recently realizing more than $112,000 at auction. Each medal is a sentimental and important part of the Apollo 11 story – and with this new collectible, you can add a piece of that story to your own collection.
Created by digitally scanning original Apollo 11 Robbins Medal dies held by the Armstrong family, these 50th Anniversary Commemoratives feature the exact same design as the originals, modified only to add dual dates of 1969 and 2019 and the words “50th Anniversary.” Every other detail reflects those of the medals that traveled along with Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins as they soared through the cosmos on their way into the history books.
The perfect Apollo 11 Commemorative for your collection, it’s struck in 50 full ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver with a massive diameter of 100 mm. As an added touch, the planet earth seen on the design has been selectively layered with real gold metal alloy that journeyed into space as part of an Apollo mission! It also comes graded the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Gem Uncirculated condition, a distinction that means that your medal is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run.
Each medal will arrive in its own presentation case and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity and an informative storycard. Coin collectors, history buffs, fans of space and science, and people who enjoy owning pieces of Americana will all be clamoring for this historic medal. But with a limited edition of just 750, there are far too few to go around. Order yours now!
- MEDALS MADE FROM ORIGINAL DIES – These Apollo 11 Commemorative Medals were made from the original dies that the Robbins Company used to strike an extremely limited number of medallions that traveled aboard the mission. The medal replicates the mission patch and depicts an American Eagle about to land on the moon with Mother Earth floating above in the background. The medal’s reverse includes the names of the astronauts – Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin – along with the dates of launch, moon landing and return. On the original medals that flew in space, the dates were left blank and were to be engraved upon their return to Earth.
- COMMEMORATING MANKIND’S MOST SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENT – On July 20, 1969, American Astronaut Neil Armstrong descended from the lunar module Eagle and upon setting foot on the moon proclaimed, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – This Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative was struck in 50 ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- GEM UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Fifty-Ounce Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in gorgeous Gem Uncirculated condition.
- INCLUDES SPACE-FLOWN ALLOY – Each Fifty-Ounce Silver Apollo 11 Robbins Medal Commemorative has been selectively layered with gold alloy taken from an actual Apollo mission.
If there was ever a numismatic collectible that was described as being “out of this world,” it would be these Apollo 11 Fiftieth Anniversary Commemorative Medals. Secure this proof now and own a piece of history!
|Mint Name||Sunshine Mint|
|Coin Weight||1555.15 Grams - g|
|Weight||50 Ounces - oz|