Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $8 5-oz Silver Koala High Relief NGC PF70UC First Releases w/Koala Label
Australia’s Adorable Koala Returns for 2019!
If you ever get the chance to see a group of Koala bears, you’ll notice that they don’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything. They slowly go about their business munching on eucalyptus leaves and perhaps pausing from time to time to commiserate with each other about the indignities foisted upon them by Qantas Airlines. One area where they DO move fast is on these coins struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint where the coins of its annual Koala series are among the most adorable releases to hit the market each year!
This year’s one-year-only design of the cute little marsupial just makes you want to grab the little critter and smother it with hugs! The 2019 design finds our unhurried marsupial sitting on a tree branch, his head cocked to one side in an expression of curiosity as eucalyptus leaves flutter in the breeze. It almost looks like he’s smiling as he slowly prepares to grab some of the hanging vegetation for his lunch! Intricate high relief details in both the foreground and background provide a perfect setting for this gorgeous mammal. The design is beautifully engraved in deep detail on this impressive 50.60 mm coin struck in five ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver.
Your 2019 Australia Koala High Relied Five-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your Silver Koala to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Koala label.
Just 500 of these wonderful Koala coins will be released by Perth Mint in 2019. The combination of its one-year-only design, silver purity, and limited edition make these beautiful coins very attractive to coin collectors, koala lovers and silver stackers around the world. Don’t wait – reserve yours now!
- ADORABLE ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – The one-year-only design for the 2019 Australian Koala depicts the adorable bear sitting on a eucalyptus tree branch along with the coin’s year date, weight and precious metal content. The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – With their world-renowned attention to detail, the artisans of the Perth Mint strike each 2019 Australian Koala High Relief Five-Ounce Silver Proof with care, transforming planchets of 99.99% silver into gorgeous works of art!
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Australia Koala High Relief Five-Ounce Silver Proof is $8 Australian legal tender.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia Koala High Relief Five-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Silver Koala to be a First Releases (FR) coin and will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive Koala label.
- AN UNCOMMON LIMITED MINTAGE! – The worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at only 500.
Koalas are a perennial hit with collectors. Add in this coin's unique design, small mintage and silver weight and you have a smash that's sure to quickly climb out of our vaults. Don't sit still on this one – order your 2019 Australia Koala High Relief Five-Ounce Silver Proof today before someone else snatches it away!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|