Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2020 Canada $1 1-oz Silver Peace Dollar Gem Proof
Canada’s First Ever Peace Silver Dollar!
In 2019, Canada made history with the massively successful release of its Peace & Liberty medal series. For 2020, the Royal Canadian Mint is following it up with a brand-new legal-tender coin: Canada’s First-Ever Peace Dollar!
Crafted by retired Royal Canadian Mint Senior Engraver Susan Taylor – winner of the 2016 American Medal of the Year Award and the designer of the International Art Medal Federation 2018 Congress Medal – the design for this superb coin features the allegorical “Peace” as she appeared on the Peace & Liberty Medal, where the female personification of Peace is depicted with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches that, according to Taylor, symbolize “the core values of peace, order and good government that have come to inherently represent the Canadian identity.”
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, the coin also comes minted in Ultra High Relief, so every strand of hair, every maple leaf, and every olive branch crackles with astounding detail. The design itself is based on the poetic statue representing Peace at Canada’s National War Memorial in Ottawa, Ontario. One of the country’s most revered sites, the memorial consists of a large granite arch that rises over a group of 22 World War I-era soldiers in Confederation Square and is topped by two bronze sculptures representing Peace and Liberty.
Your 2020 Canada One-Ounce Silver Peace Dollar will come in gorgeous Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. The combination of the high relief and the stunning variety of frosted and mirrored finishes wonderfully enhance the designs with an incredible level of contrast that must be seen to be believed! It will also come in its original government packaging from the Royal Canadian Mint and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
Only 5,500 of these first-ever One-Ounce Silver Canadian Peace Dollars were authorized for worldwide release – an amount that seems destined to disappear rather quickly. Don’t let these coins lip through your fingers; grab a “peace” of this limited mintage now before they’re all gone!
- CANADA’S FIRST-EVER PEACE DOLLAR – This coin is Canada’s first-ever Peace Dollar. It was designed by Royal Canadian Mint Senior Engraver Susan Taylor and features an allegorical image of “Peace” on the reverse. The obverse displays the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Canada Peace Dollar was struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 38 mm in diameter.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2020 Canada One-Ounce Silver Peace Dollars are $1 legal tender in Canada.
- GORGEOUS GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Canada One-Ounce Silver Peace Dollar will come in gorgeous Gem Proof condition.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Canadian Royal Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for this proof at just 5,500.
Don’t miss your chance to secure Canada’s First-Ever Peace Silver Dollar! Secure yours now by licking one to your cart while they’re still available!
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|