Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1794-2019 1-oz Copper America’s First Silver Dollar Proof w/Smithsonian Label
Honoring the 225th Anniversary of America’s First Silver Dollar
On April 2, 1792, The United States Mint was officially established, and with it came authorization for the first U.S. Silver Dollar. That silver dollar, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar, is the most important dollar coin ever struck – and one of the rarest U.S. coins in existence! Now, for the first time ever and in honor of the 225th anniversary of America’s First Silver Dollar, the Smithsonian® has authorized the release of proofs bearing the same design as the original.
Bearing an obverse design inspired by Benjamin Franklin’s 1781 Libertas Americana Medal and a stunning eagle reverse, the Flowing Hair Silver Dollar first existed as a single copper pattern struck to test the dies. Currently housed in the Smithsonian’s National Numismatic Collection, it’s a priceless artifact many numismatic experts believe could fetch upwards of $20 million at auction. Even if you could afford such a sum, don’t get your hopes up; curators at the Smithsonian said in no uncertain terms that the coin will NEVER be put up for sale!
But now you can get the next best thing with this spectacular proof! Struck in one ounce of classic copper – just like the original copper pattern – it bears the iconic design of the original 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar – a design listed by author and expert numismatist Jeff Garret in his book 100 Greatest U.S. Coins. Each proof in this offer will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning their beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields were the result of polished dies and multiple strikes. Each proof will come sonically sealed in an acrylic coin capsule with a label bearing the Smithsonian’s distinctive sunburst logo.
The mintage for the America's First Silver Dollar Proof is strictly limited – just 1,050 of these commemoratives will be struck – and it’s available only through GovMint.com and its marketing partners. This proof is a must-have for any fan of the Silver Dollar or U.S. history. No U.S. coin collection is complete without America's First Silver Dollar design. You won't just be holding history in your hands – you'll be holding the start of history!
- PROOF HONORS AMERICA’S FIRST SILVER DOLLAR – These copper proofs were struck to commemorate the 225th anniversary of America’s First Silver Dollar, the 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar. Each features an obverse design inspired by Benjamin Franklin’s 1781 Libertas Americana Medal and a stunning eagle on the reverse.
- OFFICIALLY AUTHORIZED BY THE SMITHSONIAN – The Smithsonian® has officially authorized the release of these proofs. Each will come sonically sealed in acrylic coin capsules with labels bearing the Smithsonian’s distinctive sunburst logo.
- STRUCK IN CLASSIC COPPEER – These America’s First Silver Dollar Proofs are struck in a one ounce of classic copper – just like the original copper pattern.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your America’s First Silver Dollar One-Ounce Copper Proof will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning its beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields were the result of multiple strikes.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The limited edition for these copper proofs has been set at only 1,050.
Commemorate the 225th anniversary of the Flowing Hair Silver Dollar with the America’s First Silver Dollar One-Ounce Copper Proof. Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Commonwealth Mint|
|Coin Weight||25 Grams - g|