Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Tuvalu $2 2-oz Silver Golden Treasures of Ancient Egypt Antiqued Coin
SOLD OUT AT THE MINT – Discover the Mysteries of Ancient Egypt
Thanks to its many pyramids, tombs and temples, the grandeur of ancient Egypt still exists today. These great physical artifacts combined with a history that predates the written word has given Egyptian culture an enduring popularity that has long had an alluring hold over archeologists, travelers and historians the world over. And now coin collectors can be added to this list of people captivated by Egypt’s spellbinding mysteries thanks to an exotic new release fittingly titled “The Golden Treasures of Ancient Egypt.”
Struck in two full ounces of 99.99% pure silver by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint, this coin is decorated with an impressive array of hieroglyphics and symbols that will help transport you back in time to when the Great Pyramids of Egypt were constructed some 4,500 years ago. Some of the symbols include the Udjat Eye of Ra, Isis, Anubis, Horus, as well as other animals and artifacts. On the obverse you’ll see a ring of ankh crosses – the ancient Egyptian symbol of life – topped by the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
Set into the center of the coin is a wonderful dome-shaped holder made of clear Perspex® plastic that contains myriad particles of 24-karat gold. The ancient Egyptians believed gold was the skin of deities – particularly Ra the sun god. This precious metal was fashioned into jewelry worn by the ruling pharaohs and priests and was used heavily on monuments and funerary art. This precious metal was famously used for the death mask of King Tutankhamun, the celebrated “King Tut” whose tomb was discovered in 1922 by British archeologist Howard Carter. Nearly a century since its discovery, Tut’s golden burial mask is still regarded as the most famous symbol of ancient Egypt.
Just 2,500 of these coins were struck for worldwide release – and they’ve been announced as being completely sold out at the mint! Each bears the legal-tender denomination of $2 in the island Nation of Tuvalu and will come in its original packaging from the Perth Mint – a spectacular pyramid-shaped case, the top of which opens to reveal the coin! It will look great in any home or office and will be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. Hurry, there’s still time to secure one of these coins before they’re lost to the sands of time!
- THE THRILL OF ANCIENT EGYPT – The grandeur and mysteries of ancient Egypt and presented on this coin with a series of hieroglyphics on one side surrounding a dome of gold particles and a ring of ankh crosses – the ancient Egyptian symbol of life – topped by the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Tuvalu Silver Golden Treasures of Egypt Coin was struck Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint in two ounces of 99.99% pure silver.
- PURE 24-KARAT GOLD PARTICLES – Set in the center of each coin is a Perspex® clear plastic dome containing 24-Karat gold particles in representation of Ancient Egyptian deities and folklore.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – These 2019 Tuvalu Two-Ounce Silver Golden Treasures of Egypt Coins are $2 legal tender in Tuvalu, an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean.
- UNIQUE ANTIQUE FINISH – Your 2019 Tuvalu Two-Ounce Silver Golden Treasures of Egypt Coin has been individually “antiqued” to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin varies so that no two coins are exactly alike.
- LOW WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at only 2,500 – and they’re already announced as being totally sold out at the mint!
You’ll really dig this unique Golden Treasures of Egypt coin with its unique antique finish and real 24-karat gold particles! Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|