Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
AD 3rd-5th Centuries Ancient Roman Random Billon Nummus NGC Ch XF
The Backbone of Ancient Roman Currency
- ROMAN POCKET CHANGE – These coins were minted in a variety of sizes and denominations during the glory years of the Roman Empire and were the backbone of Romany currency used in everyday transactions.
- STRUCK MORE THAN 1,600 YEARS AGO – Each coin in this offer was struck from the 3rd to the 5th centuries during the height of the Roman Empire more than 1,600 years ago.
- HIGH-GRADE ANCIENT COIN – Your Roman Billon Nummus coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in Choice Extremely Fine (Ch XF) condition, one of the higher grades an ancient coin may receive.
- HAND-SELECTED FOR QUALITY AND APPEARANCE – Each Roman Billon Nummus coin was hand-selected by experts in ancient coinage for overall sharpness and eye appeal.
- SEALED IN A PROTECTIVE HOLDER – Your coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core – giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
First struck by Roman Emperor Diocletian as part of his monetary reform late in the 3rd Century, the Roman Billon Nummus would go on to become one of the most important coins in the Roman empire and the backbone of currency used in everyday transactions. Over the next century, this coin would undergo many changes including weight changes, value, metal purity and, of course, the changing face of the emperor featured on each coin.
Now you can hold one of these ancient coins in your hand – actual pocket change that probably circulated in Roman markets, or may have even been used to purchase admission to a gladiator contest or pay for admittance to a public bathhouse during the heyday of the Roman Empire. The Roman Billon Nummus was minted late in the 3rd Century and continued to be struck until the early 5th Century. As the coin changed and evolved over time, some were struck with a thin layer of silver on the surface. These were called Follis, or Bi-Nummus.
Each coin available in this offer has been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in Choice Extremely Fine (Ch XF) condition, one of the higher grades an ancient coin may receive. It will have light but even wear on the highest points, and exhibit traces of Mint luster. Each will be a random coin struck from the 3rd to the 5th Centuries and has been hand-selected by an expert in ancient coinage for overall sharpness and eye appeal. Your coin will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a white display core – giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Dates and coins will vary.