Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Korea 1-oz Silver Tiger Medal NGC MS70 w/South Korea Label
Pounce on These Silver Tigers – Before They Pounce On YOU!
South Korea’s Silver Tiger returns for 2019 with a stunningly ferocious design that brings you face to face with the world’s largest cat and one of its most feared predators. The second year in the series struck by KOMSCO, the official mint of South Korea, this year’s one-year-only design features a close-up image of growling tiger, his face a mask of unbridled aggression as he slashes his deadly claws trough the surface of the medal. And if this exciting image isn’t enough to have you pawing for this medal, its one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver will.
When South Korea decided to launch a one-ounce silver bullion medal series in 2018, it came as no surprise that the theme chosen was the Siberian Tiger. An endangered animal that is found today almost exclusively in Eastern Russia, its range once extended throughout the Korean peninsula where is is integral to Korea’s creation myth. Tragically, no tigers are believed to roam the mountains of Korea anymore and their total population numbers only in the hundreds.
Fortunately for you, South Korea’s tiger prowls again on this beautiful silver medal. Each comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded medal will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Plus, each has an added security feature – a lenticular design struck into the silver itself. Visible on the medal’s reverse, the lenticular feature will display either “Ag” or “999” depending on the viewing angle. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive South Korea label.
Just 20,000 of these wonderful Silver Tiger Bullion Medals have been struck for worldwide release – a third less than the inaugural issue in 2018! Combined with their proximity to Chinese collectors, appeal to wildlife enthusiasts, and attractiveness to silver stackers around the world and it all adds up to a relatively small mintage. Add one or more to you cart now!
- SECOND YEAR OF SOUTH KOREA’S SILVER TIGER BULLION SERIES – This is the second year in South Korea’s one-ounce Silver Tiger bullion medal series struck by KOMSCO (Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation), the official mint of South Korea.
- RIVETING DESIGN OF A CLASSIC SIBERIAN TIGER – The image on this medal depicts a growling tiger slashing its way out from beneath the surface. The obverse features a stylized image of the Korean peninsula made with Korean symbols against a background design that mimics the foliage of the tiger’s habitat.
- STRUCK IN A TROY OUNCE OF FINE SILVER – Your 2019 South Korea Silver Tiger is struck in a full Troy ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and is 40 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 South Korea One-Ounce Silver Tiger has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with an exclusive South Korea label.
- SPECIAL SECURITY FEATURES – Your medal also features two security details within a lenticular design struck into its reverse. The lenticular feature will display either “Ag” or “999” depending on the viewing angle.
- LIMITED EDITION – Just 20,000 of these 2019 South Korea One-Ounce Silver Tigers have been struck for worldwide release.
South Korea really outdid itself on these Silver Tigers. Collectors everywhere are sure to be on the prowl for them. Reserve your Silver Tiger today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|