Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Africa 1-oz Gold Big 5 Lion NGC PF70UC First Day of Issue w/Tumi Signature
Behold the King of the New “Big 5”
Some of the world’s most dangerous wild animals live in Africa. Not long ago the highest mark a sportsman could attain was being able to hunt down “The Big Five” animals on the continent – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhinoceros, Leopard and Cape Buffalo. Each animal was quite capable of killing humans, and they often did – even the herbivores! Now you can hunt down these beasts without ever leaving the comfort of your easy chair thanks to the South African Mint’s release of a new series of coins dedicated to these animals.
The latest release in series is this magnificent Lion struck in one Troy ounce of highly pure 99.99% gold by the prestigious South African Mint – the same mint that brings us the iconic gold and silver Krugerrands. It’s also the same mint responsible for the immensely popular Natura series that began in the 1990s and featured the same Big 5 animals. The obverse of this legal-tender 50-Rand coin depicts an image of an alert male lion in all his regal glory. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a lion staring straight into your eyes. If you dare, put on some thin white gloves and trace your fingers across the rugged design… it almost feels like you’re caressing the tawny body of a real lion!
Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your coin to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) release, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. What makes this coin even more special is that it will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by South African Mint Director Tumi Tsehlo!
With an extremely low limited edition of just 600, only a few select collectors will even get the opportunity to own one of these coins! A century ago people like Teddy Roosevelt would have donned a pith helmet and tracked down these animals as prizes for their trophy rooms. Today, people go on safaris in hopes of simply catching a glimpse of these often-endangered animals. Avoid the heat and take pride in bagging one of these coins from the comfort of your home simply by clicking it to your cart!
- LATEST COIN IN SOUTH AFRICA’S NEW BIG FIVE SERIES – This coin is the second release in the South African Mint’s new series of coins dedicated to “The Big Five” animals of Africa – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo – displaying unique portraits of these exotic creatures.
- INNOVATIVE EYE-CATCHING DESIGN – The obverse of this coin depicts a full-bodied image of a male lion. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a regal lion.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD – Each Big 5 Lion coin has been struck by the South African Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.99% gold and measures 32.69 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion coins are 50 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin.
- PERSONALLY SIGNED BY SOUTH AFRICAN MINT OFFICIAL – This coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive label personally signed by South African Mint Director Tumi Tsehlo.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide edition limit for 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion Proof has been set at just 600.
Don’t let this “King” of the Big 5 animals out of your sights; bag your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Gold Big 5 Lion now before these coins escape into the hands of other collectors!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|