Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Africa 1-oz Silver Big 5 Lion BU w/Blister Pack
Behold the King of the New “Big 5?”
Some of the world’s most dangerous wild animals live in Africa. Not long ago the highest mark a sportsman could attain was being able to hunt down “The Big Five” animals on the continent – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhinoceros, Leopard and Cape Buffalo. Each animal was quite capable of killing humans, and they often did – even the herbivores! Now you can hunt down these beasts without ever leaving the comfort of your easy chair thanks to the South African Mint’s release of a new series of coins dedicated to these animals.
The latest release in series is this magnificent Lion struck in one Troy ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver by the prestigious South African Mint – the same mint that brings us the iconic gold and silver Krugerrands. It’s also the same mint responsible for the immensely popular Natura series that began in the 1990s and featured the same Big 5 animals. The obverse of this legal-tender 5-Rand coin depicts an image of an alert male lion in all his regal glory. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a lion staring straight into your eyes. If you dare, put on some thin white gloves and trace your fingers across the rugged design… it almost feels like you’re caressing the tawny body of a real lion!
Each 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion available in this offer comes in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, as fresh, sharp and crisp as the day they left the mint. In addition, these coins are still in their original blister packs from the South African Mint.
Ostensibly a bullion release, the limited edition of just 15,000 means that just a few of these coins are available for everyone who would like one. In fact, these coins have already been announced as being completely sold out at the mint! A century ago people like Teddy Roosevelt would have donned a pith helmet and tracked down these animals as prizes for their trophy rooms. Today, people go on safaris in hopes of simply catching a glimpse of these often-endangered animals. Avoid the heat and take pride in bagging one of these coins from the comfort of your home simply by clicking it your cart!
- LATEST COIN IN SOUTH AFRICA’S NEW BIG FIVE SERIES – This coin is the second release in the South African Mint’s new series of coins dedicated to “The Big Five” animals of Africa – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo – displaying unique portraits of these exotic creatures.
- INNOVATIVE EYE-CATCHING DESIGN – The obverse of this coin depicts a full-bodied image of a male lion. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a regal lion.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Big 5 Lion coin has been struck by the South African Mint in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion coins are 5 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition and shipped in its original blister pack from the South African Mint.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide edition limit for this release has been set at just 15,000 – and it’s already been announced as a total sell-out at the mint.
Don’t let this “King” of the Big 5 animals out of your sights; bag your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion now before these coins escape into the hands of other collectors!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||28.35 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|