Stare Down South Africa’s Sleek Spotted Leopard
Some of the world’s most dangerous wild animals live in Africa. Not long ago the highest mark a sportsman could attain was being able to hunt down “The Big Five” animals on the continent — the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhinoceros, Leopard and Cape Buffalo. Each animal was quite capable of killing humans, and they often did — even the herbivores! Now you can hunt down these beasts without ever leaving the comfort of your easy chair thanks to the South African Mint’s release of a new series of coins dedicated to these animals.
The latest release in series is this magnificent Spotted Leopard struck in one Troy ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver by the prestigious South African Mint — the same mint that brings us the iconic silver and silver Krugerrands. It’s also the same mint responsible for the immensely popular Natura series that began in the 1990s and featured the same Big 5 animals.
Extraordinary Images of Africa’s Elegant Leopard
The obverse of this legal-tender 50-Rand coin depicts a close-up image of a spotted leopard — one of Africa’s most graceful and powerful big cats. With a top speed of up to 37-to-40 miles per hour, the leopard is a fast predator that can be found throughout the continent in Africa’s woodlands, grassland savannas, forests, mountains and deserts. The coin’s reverse features a unique bisected image of a Leopard’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a Leopard staring straight into your eyes. If you dare, put on some thin white gloves and trace your fingers across the rugged design… it almost feels like you’re caressing the thick, thick fur of a real leopard!
Still In Its Original Blister Pack
Your 2020 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Leopard will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition still in its original blister pack. And, with an extremely low limited edition of just 15,000, only a few collectors will get the opportunity to own one of these coins!
A century ago, people like Teddy Roosevelt would have donned a pith helmet and tracked down these animals as prizes for their trophy rooms. Today, people go on safari expeditions in hopes of simply catching a glimpse of these often-endangered animals. Avoid the heat and take pride in bagging one of these coins from the comfort of your home simply by clicking it to your cart today!
- LATEST COIN IN SOUTH AFRICA’S NEW BIG FIVE SERIES – This coin is the fourth release in the South African Mint’s new series of coins dedicated to “The Big Five” animals of Africa — the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo — displaying unique portraits of these exotic creatures.
- INNOVATIVE EYE-CATCHING DESIGN – The obverse of this coin depicts a full-bodied image of a leopard. The reverse features a unique bisected image of the big cat’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a graceful leopard.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Big 5 Leopard coin has been struck by the South African Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 38.725 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Leopard coins are 5 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Leopard will come in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition still in its original blister pack.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide edition limit for 2020 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Leopard Coin has been set at just 15,000.
Don’t let this big, fast and formidable member of the Big 5 animals out of your sights; bag your 2020 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Leopard now before these coins escape into the hands of other collectors!