Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1879–2019 Smithsonian 1-oz Silver Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar NGC PF70
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
George T. Morgan’s “Schoolgirl” Dollar
Today, most collectors know George T. Morgan for his legendary Morgan Silver Dollar and his designs for commemoratives and medals. But many of his designs were struck as pattern coins and never released for circulation, including his 1879 Schoolgirl Dollar, which today is among the most celebrated and sought-after American coinage patterns – and 2019 marks the 140th anniversary of this design!
Now you can obtain this design as it was meant to be seen – as a breathtaking one-ounce 99.99% silver proof bearing the iconic Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar design. Featuring a portrait of a young girl wearing a single strand of pearls, Morgan’s exquisite design depicts the adolescent-looking young lady as youthful Lady Liberty facing left, her hair tied with a ribbon. The word LIBERTY is inscribed in her hair band. The “Schoolgirl” name was coined by Harlan P. Smith and David Proskey, owners of the New York Coin and Stamp Company, for an 1891 auction catalogue offering a collection that included one of these coins.
In addition, this magnificent medal comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, each proof will be sonically sealed in a protective holder with an exclusive Smithsonian® sunburst label and accompanied by a fact-filled storycard and a Certificate of Authenticity.
Just 2,500 of these world-exclusive Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar One-Ounce Silver Proofs were authorized – and only a limited number have been certified by NGC as being in flawless Proof-70 condition! What’s more, the original copper and silver patterns have sold for as much as $74,750 and $312,000, respectively! Don’t miss this opportunity to secure one of history’s most sought-after designs. Click this proof to your cart today!
- A MORGAN DOLLAR THAT NEVER WAS – Many of U.S. Mint engraver George T. Morgan’s coin designs were struck as pattern coins and never released for circulation. One such pattern is his 1879 Schoolgirl Dollar, which is today among the most celebrated and sought-after American coinage patterns.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The Smithsonian Silver Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar Medal was struck by the Commonwealth Mint in a Troy ounce of highly pure 99.99% fine silver and measures 38.6 mm in diameter.
- OFFICIALLY AUTHORIZED BY THE SMITHSONIAN – The Smithsonian® officially authorized the striking of these proofs to honor the 140th anniversary of the 1879 Morgan Schoolgirl Silver Dollar. Only a handful of original Schoolgirl pattern coins exist, and one is a treasured piece of the Smithsonian’s National Numismatic Collection.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 1879–2019 Smithsonian One-Ounce Silver Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED RELEASE – Just 2,500 of the Morgan Schoolgirl Dollars were authorized – and only a limited number have been certified by NGC as being in Proof-70 condition.
George T. Morgan’s famous “Schoolgirl” Dollar is among the most sought-after American coinage patterns. Now you can add this brilliant design to your collection thanks to this officially authorized Smithsonian® silver proof. Don’t delay; order yours before they’re gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|